The experience that changed my life

by hijosdelawatch 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

problemaddict:

Does your mother know she got blood? Does your father know?

My father does know. My mother too. But they never speak about it. They haven't told the elders but the elders have never asked.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Hijos,

My precious daughter was hemorrhaging. When she was in Emergency we could hear her screams. From lack of blood, the pump to her heart had no liquid to do it's job, so my daughter was bleeding out, whilst having a heart attack. We were at our local Hospital. They whisked her away in an ambulance to a big city surgery hospital. We followed.

While she was now in the next hospital the surgeon came to us and said your daughter is dying. She needs blood. He said it coming back and forth to us anxiously 3, 4, 5 times, each time telling us she is dying. I am in shock.

It is drummed into our heads, what we have been taught for decades, no blood. Better to die faithful. OMG. To put human beings through that.

All I can say to you Hijos, you are a better thinking person than I was.

I was in full cult mode.

She has gone through several episodes, like this, At the Hospital, because no one had ever seen anyone who's blood count was so low, and survived, among the staff, they called her "The Walking Miracle". Her personal Physician told us last year, he had just given a "paper" at a large Medical Convention entitled, "Maybe There Is a God". We told him to change our file information. We are not brainwashed anymore. This is the 21 century. We will accept his medical help in an emergency like this. He was quite stunned. From rigid beliefs to compliance with medical support.

If my precious daughter had died, and then I learned TTATT, I don't think I could keep living. The pain of heartbreak would be too much to bear.

You did the right thing.

I am proud of you.

Just Lois

• Comatose
    Comatose

I KNOW you did what you should have. Honestly, you don't know why that card was not signed... Your mom might not have signed it because she didn't want to or because she was undecided or torn. It was HER responsibility to sign it. To take that liberty and forge a name would have been morally wrong. What if she knows as a JW that she should say no to blood, but she hadn't fully decided whether to sign the card or not? On top of that, she is instructed to have it on her at all times. This makes me think it's even more likely that she may have had doubts. If you had immorally forged her signature and she died, you would have chosen something for her that only she had the right to decide.

That elder was morally and criminally WRONG.

Welcome to the site, and please think about this from a coldly logical stand point. It was her responsibility before her god to prepare that card. NOT YOURS. You did right.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Hijos,

Thank you for your story. What an interesting experience. As far as the elders telling you to sign the card for your mother, that was inappropriate. I know several elders that would not even sign as a witness to the signature if the person was on the "death bed" and making their decision not to take blood that late.

But then again, maybe the elders that refused to sign the "medical directive" at that late date, knew the TTATT.

Thanks for your experience. I wouldn't carry any blame, you did what you could do and should have done. That is alot to ask of someone your age.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Wow, my heart breaks for you what have to go through. Aren't you happy now? I hope you realize you did the right thing. So happy for you! Bienvenido!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

First, welcome hijosdelawatch!

I'm glad it worked out well for your mother.

Next, so an elder instructed you to forge your mother's signature! This is a criminal act.

I think you've just had your eyes opened to The Truth About "the Truth." ()TTATT).

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I applaud your conviction. Many young people would have caved in to the pressure of the authority structure (i.e.the elders). I recognize how your mentality toward the blood doctrine (funny that it's a doctrine) changed. After the article in the May 1994 Awake! "Youths who put God First" I never looked at the blood doctrine the same again. And, I must add, I was livid and disgusted after the adjustments toward blood fractions were made and thought, "I wonder how many of those young people highlighted in that '94 Awake! would not have died if this change had happened BEFORE they were confronted with their decision?" A travesty! In fact, when you talk about bloodguilt....take a look at that magazine and tell me that someone isn't going to pay! These kids, kids not even old enough to drive, made a life and death decision based on a doctrine that has morphed to the point where in the near future (I hope) it will probably become a matter of conscience. I can simply imagine the coaxing and pressure they experienced and the fear that must have gripped them of being DF'd for accepting a blood transfusion.

By the way....Cool name!

SOP

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Those elders are A$$holes. I had 10 or more blood transfusions 20 years ago. I have two beautiful daughters ages 4 and 7 to show for it. JW's and company can pound sand.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The elder wanted you to forge your mother's signature? He had very flexible ethics, didn't he? I'm so glad your mother lived, and I bet she is too. It doesn't matter that no one ever discusses it. Your mother's life was saved, and you woke up to the reality of the org.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIJOS:

Welcome to the forum!

That is some awful experience you related over the blood issue. I am glad you did what you did and that your mother lived.

As another poster said: what if you did what that elder said and forged her signature and she ended up dying. How would you feel? I don't think I could live with myself.

I am so glad to be out of this hateful religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit