So where else can we go?

by Julia Orwell 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

OMG I love Lamington!! Maybe we could go there on Sunday.

I hope the different person that I will be is pretty cool. I think I'm a nice, compassionate sort of person, but can be quite headstrong. Hope I don't lose those qualities.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

LOL! Let's see....Maybe a little wiser and more sure of yourself and your abilities and possibly in a completely different field of employment, something that inspires your passion.. How's that?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've always wanted to be a novelist, but although I've written a lot, I've never seriously committed to it because of the whole JW thing. That's my real dream.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hey Julia

so sorry your going through a 'toughie' at the moment. It bums, ya think your out of the woods, and all so excited and happyfied, then ya start going down, and it gets scary, like standing on the edge of the abyss, looking in, trying not to slide, cos ya know whats down there, and it is scary.

Just 'breathe', take it slow, don't stress and continue with your own bits of 'personal research', it is hard to dig deep and stand tall, I too sometimes just cannot, 'deal' with people, and I need to 'retreat'.

You must keep your focus hun, you are only out a few months !! after how many years ?? gosh, your doing so well, really. It takes time to untangle the 'mess', mentally, emotionally and physically. Don't be hard on yourself. Enjoy your summer and just relax a while, it is a process, it takes time, enrgy and effort, but your getting there, you are so much happier, life is so much better, focus on all the good things.

I find it handy to have note books I have made, and I go back over them periodically if needed. Keeps the mind focused, keeps the 'clutter' out.

also, you know that jehovah is not God's real name and identity, perhaps you could do more research on that.

check out New Age, Hitler and Aryanism. Fascinating. Oh and ''MAITREYA''. it will really open your eyes and answer a lot of hidden thoughts.

much love, hang in there.

x

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good thoughts. Thanks. I'm always up to study something from history.

I wish it were summer here!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, since when is it "Where" else shall we go? The LIE-ble itself says "To WHOM shall we go?" instead. This is in reference to Jesus. It refers to that one could "find" Jesus regardless of the organization. The washtowel twists this to mean that we don't have anywhere else to look outside itself. Bunk. Many "find" Jesus in regular church, or simply reading their own LIE-ble.

And, even "To whom shall we go" is bunk. First, why do we even need Jesus in the first place? According to the LIE-ble, it is solely to redeem us from our "sins", which are a result of joke-hova indebting the whole human race as a result of a single act. What kind of a god would require us to be redeemed for something it invented as a tool to enslave us all? Do we really need to be enslaved to Jesus because joke-hova invented something, or held against us something that someone at the very beginning of the human race did? This is blatantly obvious--you just don't have the first humans ruin things for everyone else, place a "savior" some 4,000 years later (why not immediately, on the spot?), and then still some 2,000 years later, we are still "sinners". If it is going to take Jesus more than 2,000 years to fix this mess, why bother?

Also, what is wrong with Satan? Wasn't it Satan that tried fixing the whole mess before joke-hova could enslave us? That was the purpose of joke-hova--to enslave the whole human race. Satan didn't want us to be enslaved, but wanted us to be all we could be. Did Satan need to threaten us with death to get us to comply? Or, was it joke-hova that made the death threat and then threw a hissy fit when Satan's plan to pop us free from joke-hova's tyranny started to work? Satan was our real Savior, because He was the one that got us out of joke-hova's tyranny. Joke-hova, the sore loser it is, declared that the "original sin". To redeem us, we need to go right back into the slavery that joke-hova originally purposed us for. Do you really want this kind of "redemption"?

• jhine
    jhine

Julia , as a never JW Christian ( Church of England ) I struggle to get my head around the level of oppression and brainwashing exercised by the Watchtower . I am free to study and question as much as I like .

You have obviously suffered mentally during your time in the org. and I gather from this forum that that is not so unusual , entirely understandable in fact when you are expected to suppress "you " in favour of a corporate entity . Having struggled for so long to be a good JW and toe the line by pushing aside your God given reasoning powers discovering TTATT must have been devastating , as I said I cannot begin to imagine and would not have the audacity to say that I know how you feel .

Can I liken this to the experience of someone leaving a high control system like prison or even the army . When faced with freedom , for the first time in years, to think and act exactly how you want , many do struggle to adjust to life on the outside . Having been told what to think , what to wear , how to act , by someone else the realisation that now you have to find your own thoughts and opinions , make your own decisions , can be a little overwhelming . Couple this with the fact that you seem to have had problems with depression for a while , not the first and definately not the last , and it is no wonder that you are finding life difficult at the moment . I would go with the people saying that , if possible , sit back, slow down try to take time to find out who you are , yes do some digging into the history of Christianity and do some thinking about your views now on YHWH and Christ etc . I know that it will be viewed that , of course as a Christian I would say that and the sceptics on here will say why bother ? but I assume that for some years at least you had a faith in God and that was important to you . To have the rug pulled from under your feet about the org must have caused earthquake sized tremours in your life , to lose your faith in God JUST because you feel let down by a bunch of people who claimed to be His representatives would be tragic . I say JUST because it can be a knee jerk reaction to lose faith in anything except yourself and your own self reliance when you feel that you have been duped and made a victim , you( not ureasonably) vow to not let that happen again . I would suggest though that you think about , pray about this , and come to a decision about faith slowly and in an informed way . You must make your own path now , but please do not make rash decisions or changes , that might make you bitter and angry for life , as some here seem to be .

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Julia,

What about one-on-one tutoring/teaching with children/adults?

I suffer from anxiety/depression. Peaking and troughing seems par for the course, even on effective medication. Go extra easy on yourself during the down times.

I wish you all the best & send you a cyber-hug.

gorgia

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Um, WT Wizard, I didn't ask about redemption, I was just saying I'm a bit lost and scared right now.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit