by designs 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• designs
  • designs
  • Dagney
    Dagney

He doesn't look a day over 70!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just shows drugs can't be that bad for you.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

He doesn't look a day over 70

. . . umm, oh yes he does

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Did you see Johnny Depp this past week on David Letterman? David asked him how old he was. Johnny said he was 50.

May Mick and Tina have many, many more years rockin' their hearts out. It has been a better world with their songs and music in it.

Just Lois

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

OMG. Thank you for posting this moment that is transformative for me. I was sixteen when I saw the Stones at Madison Square Garden. My whole life has been spent atoning for not finding where Shea Stadium was in Queens when I was fourteen. The Stones were so available in New York compared to the Beatles. I met a real life groupie and we went to the Plaza to their rooms. It was bizarre at the Plaza. We talked in the Plaza in blue jeans, and T-shirts in all our Beatles and Stones glory past all the super corporate and wealthy people. The doormen's eyes were popping out at the sight of us but we could have been invited friends of the Stones in the most expensive suite of the hotel. We thought the Beatles and Stones would be over in six months to a year.

I never ever thought Mick or Keith would survive until 23. They were definitely not the Fab Four. I wallked out of the Plaza with Keith Richard and Charlie Watts. Yes, Mick looks like he is 150 but he always look 80 year older than his age. He does not sing or move the way he did when he was inhis early twenties. When the Beatles and Stones were interviewed about how much longer their bubble could last before they went back to work as sheet metal or loadking dock workers, they pointed to legendary black blues musicians. I laughed so hard. They were not black. Nor did they play real blues. They were not even American. How dare they compare to rock to blues and jazz when rock stops at thirty.

As long as I am alive, I will celebrate the Stones. When I die, I pray to God and/or Jesus that I will be in heaven with all the Beatles, Dylan, The Stones, The WHO, Janis Joplin, etc. My mom promised me Paul McCartney could never be an old, old man b/c of his face structure. John, George, and Ringo might look old when they were old but not Paul Never. Ever. Right, my mom was so wise.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Wow Band. That is quite impressive.

Just Lois

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The Beatles blow. . . long live the Stones !!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Beatles are better than anyone at certain moments but at some moments the Stones are much better. Then the WHO visit and they knock out the Beatles and the Stones. Bob Dylan comes out from being kept alive on aritifical life support or recovers from total quadrapalegia. I personally saw the man who can't even show up at his most important venues (altho he is physically present_ steal a concert from George Harrison, Ringo Starr, and Eric Clapton, et al.

The Americans come back. The Beach Boys are better than the Beatles or Dylan. then they fade. New groups come up. I never knew whether my faves today would be famous in three years. Now I know but I can't even recall the names of several favorite bands.

Sometimes nothing but the Beatles will do. A few hours later, nothing but Bob Dylan. Fifteen minutes later, anothe person is the best.

I keep talking to junior high and high school students about why they are know so much about stuff I personally saw a long time ago. They treat me as though I am Queen Elizabeth I, the present Queen, Queen Victoria, Einstein, etc. for stuff I stumbled upon by accident when I was very young. I had no clue some groups were so good. Even today, I listen to some songs I've heard millions of times before and it is as though I am hearing the song for the first time. It was excellent stuff. Kids tell me their grandparents taught their parents and their parents taught them. They know some classic moments better than I do.

When will the next big thing arrive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit