Ties at the Kingdom Hall

by CloseTheDoor 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

White shirts only, skirts/dresses that stay below the knees, stockings for the ladies, never pants for the ladies, clean shaven only (maybe a mustache is okay). Now some congregations object if your tie isn't wide enough.

They might as well have a uniform. It would be easier.

Here's one for the women:

As an elder, I wore animal ties. I would have a wolf or elephant on my tie or maybe dolphins. I would tame that the slightest bit when delivering a public talk and just go with a colorful pattern. There were sisters that did not like my ties and thought they were a bit too much for "the platform" but I was never counseled for stumbling them.

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    They complained to a young brother about his bow-ties, than bothered, no they harassed a Southerner background Witness about his fashion style(until he changed his clothing to a white shirt with plain tie), strange how these Elders said not one word to the "district overseer" who loved to wear strange looking wore bow-ties! What hypocrites and bullies men getting power over a group of social misfits become, their god is really picking on bow-tie wearing young men.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Well....if that was said to me or my kid, you would not be able to find the skinny tie. It would be placed in the general area of the Elders anatomy where the sun don't shine! lol
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

On theWayOut, "As an elder, I wore animal ties."

• hoser
    hoser
    I wore a bolo tie to the district convention. Got told it was inappropriate. I said it was cultural dress because my grandpa was a cowboy.
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    When Jerry Garcia Ties hit the Market, the Elders gave a talk about them and warned the young wannabee Elders still stuck at Permanent Ministerial Servant status in private, don't buy them!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Micro managing at it's best!!!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think that is GREAT!

Hopefully it will get him thinking and result in him packing up and heading out the door, permanently.

Doc

• scary21
    scary21

I would have to be a smart ass ( but they not knowing how to take it ) I would say " The brothers in this congregation must have much weaker consciousness than............. 1. my last congregation 2. my aunts congregation....ect. ( or something like that ) Then I would go on.... " well, I guess some congregations have more mature Christians than others. The apostle Paul talks about that very thing at...( 1 cor. 8 ) I sure wouldn't want to stumble the weaker brothers with my skinny tie " ( sounds crazy doesn't it ? ) LOL LOL LOL

I'm female, so in my case it would have been my skirt was an inch to short.. OMG it shrunk in the dryer. .

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Deviating slightly. There was a sister in my congregation who would wear skirts from time to time which were just above the knee. This sister was quite tall and I know from my wife that she had difficulty finding skirts that were just below the knee. She was never talked to about this until she had a part in the tms, and as soon as she came into the hall on this evening the tms elder told her she could not do her part because her skirt was too short. It was less than an inch above the knee. This sister broke into tears, left the hall and went home.

Some time later when the CO changed the new CO's wife always wore skirts which were and inch are two above the knee. The elders did not like that, but none tried to talk to the COs wife about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit