Ties at the Kingdom Hall

by CloseTheDoor 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

Reminds me of the movie " uitgesloten " , which means Disfellowshipped ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264121/

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I was counseled for forgetting my tie when I gave a talk at the theocratic ministry school.

• steve2
    steve2

Talk about the organization's lofty claim that they do not go beyond what is written in "Scripture".

This is crazy-minded controlling stuff aimed especially at the more meek rank and file.

These elders are not so stupid that they would approach just any brother or sister - this really speaks to the selective "standards" at work in the Hall in which bully-boy elders zero-in on more meekly approachable victims.

I agree with posters who have said the younger ones need to be encouraged to keep attending meetings - not punished. On the other hand, true-color elders help younger ones decide the Hall's not for them. Excellent work you bully elders! Keep it up a*seholes!!

• stillin
    stillin
    Steve, absolutely right! Bullies know how to pick their marks.
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Next we'll have pictures in The Watchtower mag showing Jesus and Jehovah wearing wide ties.

Doug

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The guy should have said well the GB members are seen wearing lavishly expensive gold watches, brother and sisters seeing that would surely stumble ones as being materialistic and worldly.

Elders are on a power game if you hadn't noticed , they pride themselves as looking after the flock to stem out bad influences from within the congregation.

This young guy is probably going to think what an asshole thing to do by that elder and stumble him right out the Hall and maybe the religion altogether.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Couple of weeks ago an elder took a young man aside and crawled all over him after the TMS for wearing a "skinny" tie. It was one of those 2 inch wide ties. Nothing bright or scandalous about. Most of the men in my congregation are older and thus wear the 3" traditional ties, maybe a little wider.

..............Image result for too much time on your hands...Image result for loser

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"Do not go beyond the things written"

(in scripture that is- not in WT material!)

• hoser
    hoser

Stuckinarut2

" the org is a cult like group with high control and conformity issues!"

yep that's what it's all about. Don't even think about being different.

• ron rawson
    ron rawson
    hahaha...I was scolded after a Sunday assembly at an elders meeting for wearing a leather blazer. At-the-time C.O. Louis Razor said all brothers should wear a matching suit and trouser combination at all times. I figured it was just his way of saying I should go buy leather trousers. .....idiots.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit