Drive by shootings the new Aussie craze in Sydney!!!!

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah if you Googled the Courier Mail it would come up. About '71 or '72. We had a small time drug racket out of Palm Beach. The drugs (just hash etc) would be dropped off ships going in to Brisbane and runabouts would fish the parcels out of the ocean. Geez we were just kids...Seriously all of Qld was corrupt then. You couldn't get a building buit in Surfers Paradise without paying off Russ Hinze and Joh. That is not an exaggeration

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Truthfully though, the drive by in hurstville reall happened! We were there just before it happened, then ny cousin gets this call from a coworker going, omg, we just had a shooting! But of course when there are shootings they're concentrated to small areas and family feuds, as was the one in hurstville. But I've spent my whole life visiting relatives in Cronulla and Georges River suburbs and I always felt safe, but I tried to avoid taking trains late at night. Same anywhere really.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Lol Palm Beach hasn't changed much...but you can get drugs here pretty easily now, I've heard.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

When I was young there were many more guns but they were the last resort. Men sorted out issues with their fists and nearly always one on one. There was an honour code even in prison. Now these idiots who have been raised on too much TV fire pistols wildly out of moving cars. Just rediculous as you could hardly hit a barn door that way. The bikers are just a front for meth dealing. I worry for my country as life has become a parody of itself....

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It was never this bad....almost every night in Granville Merrylnds auburn.....west. Some ethnic groups have started gangs. I WAS PROUD we were notlikethe USA when watching gang films.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've not seen anything on the news about shootings here in Sydney, maybe I don't watch the news enough.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's always to do with ethnic feuds or drugs. I worry for my brother who has just joined the police. That guy who shot the cop on the Gold Coast is in jail I believe, bit there are more and guns do seem to be making a comeback after they were all turned in after Port Arthur in 1996. I don't think we'll become like America though because guns are still banned here and hard to get. They are not a constitutional issue here either like they are in America.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

If they did in the US what they did after Port Arthur here, even allowing criminals to bring in guns used in crimes, it would cut guns murders, imo.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

After Port arthur massacre new gun laws made us safe. Now things seemto have gone to hell.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The worry is control of turf. The Hells Angels went to open a tattoo parlour at Burleigh Heads and it got fire bombed before it opened. The Finks parlour got bombed a few days later. I wonder who did that? Also there is no problems getting a pistol, if you have connections. So all the bad guys have guns. At this stage they are feuding amongst themselves but it could (will) spill out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit