Drive by shootings the new Aussie craze in Sydney!!!!

by Witness 007 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Lived there for 10 years till 2005 nothing....now every night a drive by shooting up a house. WHAT happened Sydney! We feel like te US now.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This is a first for the whole country.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What? I remember the big one at the King's head tavern in Hurstville in 2003. Where in Sydney did you live? The western suburbs have shootings all the time, which is why the Hurstville one really stood out because it's a more eastern suburb. That and my cousin worked there and we stopped in 10 minutes before it happened. 10 minutes later and we'dv been hit ourselves!

And my dad was stationed at the cop shop in Rockdale in the 70's and remembers shootings in either Rockdale or Kogarah. Shootings in Sydney is nothing new, not like the Cronulla Riots!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Perhaps the JWs are right! It's a sign!!

....................then again perhaps not.

I remember back in the '70's a book that referred to 'Sydney, the savage city.'

What ever happened to the 'sharpies'?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

In the 70's was the whole 'Underbelly' drug lord things which was all over Australian tv a few years back. My dad lived it as a police officer. And regarding the Hurstville shooting in 2003, I was visiting from Qld at the time and was so shocked and my uncle with whom I stayed didn't understand the big deal because it goes on all the time in the western suburbs. It just didn't make it into Australia's other states's news that often. The newspaper of the time showed this list of major shootings to do with some clan warfare between the family of Abdullah Mohammed Ahmedabad and the family of Mohammed Ahmed Abdulabad or some such for years.

So that sort of thing went on for ages, but now it's the bikie gangs, it's getting a lot more publicity than a couple of Lebanese clans.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

When I was a kid in the 70's I got mixed up in the tow truck wars in South Brisbane. Corrupt cops, prostitution, drugs and PLENTY of guns and shootings. Weapon of choice was the sawn off double barrelled shotgun. It seems there is more media coverage now...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Was that the Joh years?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Ah yes Julia. Wild times and corruption was rife. I got bashed by the riot police at New Years Eve on the Gold Coast (Coolangatta). The police had no identity badges on and the Courier Mail the next day said that police had snipers on the roofs of nearby buildings!! There had been a riot the year before so Joh called in the big guns. I left Qld to go to Byron Bay! LOL!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What! A riot in Cooly! I've lived on the gold coast since 1985 when my parents moved here when I was 5. That's mad! Police brutality in Cooly of all places! It was such a little holiday town attached to a windy little airport. Sounds like things have been a lot worse in Qld in the past. So much for the Jw theory. Mind you, beenleigh is still a dive I believe, and life in cairns is rough as.

• mP
    mP

i have lived in Sydney all my life and have never seen or known anybody worried about drive bys or anything. People forget that the media tries to brainwash them into fear about things like this when the truth is its never been safer.

You have more chance of winning lotto than getting shot and we all know nobody wins lotto.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit