How Do You Know If You Are "Marked"?

by Thoughtless 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Jesus was a MARKED man, the Pharisees would not talk to him any more.

but his story is REMARKABLE.

If you are remarkable, like being able to predict FRESH light to come,

like today's apostacy = tomorrow's truth and

do it skillfully, you are remarkable and will be

MARKED.

few will talk to you, only the brave.

• Dagney
    Dagney

We had a couple in the congo that was marked the way it is explained in the "Flock" sited here. I think it was the first time I think anybody in the hall ever experienced this "formal" marking announced from the platform. A couple had moved into the hall and they were just a mess. They fought, they were constantly going around the congregation in need, and basically, in hind sight, they craved the attention. But the PO did everything by the book...don't remember if he announced the names, but there was no question who he was talking about. Skip forward to today, 20 years. I was marked by a older elder, loong time (former) friend of the family. He told his family and my JW relative privately that I was marked for not going to meetings and there was to be no association whatsoever. My JW relative told my sister this, and she told me. We decided I should carry a Sharpie at all times so I could tell everybody I'm marked.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Yeah, I pretty much keep to myself anyway, and they don't really associate with me. They do however, invite me to stuff. I am just fine with how I am now, thank guise for the information.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We had several such talks over the years, and we always had to go and ask Sister Gossip who it was all about, and she always knew exactly who, and what it was all about.

The most confusing one was about a young sister who had been sexually abused by her JW grandfather and then, after it had all come out, some time later she went and lived with her boyfriend.

We were told in the Talk not to worry because the Elders seemed to be taking no action against this unamed person, they had dealt with it.

At this point we knew not who or what they were talking about.

I admire the Elders for their stance that as she had suffered those years of abuse, they would not DF her now, how they explained this to the C.O I know not.

What annoys me is that because of the talk we were supposed to "mark" her, not that she actually ever came back to the KH bless her, and if it had not been for the talk, Sister Gossip would not have been consulted, (by most in the Congo as bemused as us), and we would have known nothing of the poor young girl's problems, and would have treated her normally any time we met.

What a total twisted cock-up.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

I am so glad that nothing this insane happens at my congregation, at least that what I know of. el ee el

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just realised that I didn't actually answer the thread Title, the answer is, go and ask Sister Gossip.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Thoughtless - "How do you know if you are 'marked'?"

You wake up and find a Sharpie with the cap off next to your bed, walk out into the living room, and everybody's snickering.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Vidiot, that is a very concise way to put it.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I remember hearing some of the marking talks. They usually ended up in a lot of gossip and speculation running rampant in the congregation.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Well. I am not known as an independent thinker...yet, just an intellectual. I am waiting for my own marking talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit