How Do You Know If You Are "Marked"?

by Thoughtless 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If the BoE had "marked" you, you wouldn't have any responsibilities in the congregation. You can only work behind the counter, handle the microphone, or do a demonstration if you're "in good standing".

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Noted.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Thoughtless - "Vidiot, that is a very concise way to put it."

Thank you... thank you...

...I'll be here all week.

• losingit
    losingit

This explains the last year or so of my attendance at meetings. I was avoided like the plague, and i did not understand why. No one knew my personal business. Literally, no one spoke to me! I just sat there in thr front watching my kids play with the other kids after the meeting. It was as if i was disfellowshipped without being disfellowshipped. My family and i were not invited anywhere. Never invited ti eat at anyone's home. I even threw a huge party for the kids in the congregation fot no special reason, and still no invitations from anyone arterwards. Yeah, my family and I were marked. It was a very sad and lonely period. I was confused and didn't understand what i did wrong that no one wanted to be my friend. :-(

• prologos
    prologos

if you understand who these markers are,

count it a blessing to be marked.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    losingit - "It was as if I was disfellowshipped without being disfellowshipped."

Slightly different situation, but I have a relative (who's a fader like me, but not as far along) who said almost the exact same thing re. her treatment by her old congregation when her husband was DFed and she didn't look for some pretext to leave him.

prologos - "If you understand who these markers are, count it a blessing to be marked."

The JW "Mark of Cain" is the XJW "Badge of Honor", huh?

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Damn, this is a lot more serious than I thought.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Marking is interesting, and confusing. I realize we have the technical issue here, but a marking is done much more clandestinely that people realize. it is RARE someone comes up to you, and says "hey Billy, we are going to be marking you on Thursday....just wanted to give you a heads up".

No, it is usually a local needs given that makes people look around and wonder what the hell happened. Its like a "soft marking". Back in the day they would be very clear. Now (probably bacause of liability), names are not mentioned at the hall as someone being marked.

So its one of those weird things that even the elders seem to not understand very well. They like to keep it simple. Reprove, or DF.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Insight p 788

"The Christian congregation is also admonished by Scripture to stop socializing with those who are disorderly and not walking correctly but who are not deemed deserving of complete expulsion. Paul wrote the Thessalonian congregation concerning such: “Stop associating with him, that he may become ashamed. And yet do not be considering him as an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother.”—2Th 3:6, 11, 13-15."

Hmmm. So they no longer socialize or invite them to their houses. My wife has been in her present congo for at least 4 or 5 years , she has never once been invited back for a meal or an evening. She is definitely not guilty of any wrongdoing. [There was only once when a new elder arrived and the whole study group were invited for a cuppa and a snack after service]. The marked ones are not missing much....Is not hospitality even to strangers meant to be a mark of true Christianity? Muslims are better at that.

Shepherd the Flock 2010 section 12

. If the disorderly one becomes ashamed of his ways and is moved to change, then as elders of the congregation see the adjustment, they can individually decide to end the limitation they have put on personally socializing with him. This will indicate to the congregation that he is no longer marked.

So if elders individually decide for themselves ,then some will and some won't.....Very messy!

• paladin
    paladin

I am in border-line full fade and I am being shunned by all elders and a few others. I was never told about the WT$ shunning and df'ing policy prior to my babtism. Publishing cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit