Britain | Jehovah's Witnesses hushed up child sex scandal | July 16, 2013

by jwleaks 172 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scott77
    Scott77

Thanks you Refriedtruth. That link is very colorful with pictures of JW elders.

Scott77

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

I just googled Gordon Leighton Newcastle Crown Court.

See for yourself how many news outlets are carrying this story.

• dozy
    dozy

Is this in todays paper? Not normally my rag of choice.... Always seems a contradication when the WTBTS says elders are not "clergy" yet they demand the same privileges under law. Looks like they have seriously botched up the PR on this case which as Besty said would have had a lot less publicity if the legal department just told the elders to comply & just makes the WTBTS look furtive. And just a suggestion to one of the elders - not a good idea to smile at the cameras on the way into the court. Richard Daniel ( not "Daniels" ) is the head lawyer for JWs in the UK. Very intelligent guy. He has been involved in a few cases over the years including a lot of the problems the JWs have had in Russia , Armenia etc.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/99659/0024103.pdf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-557851/Jehovahs-Witness-died-giving-birth-refusing-blood-transfusion-told-doctor-Im-dying-faithful-God-inquest-hears.html

http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed95238

• cedars
    cedars

dozy

not a good idea to smile at the cameras on the way into the court.

One of them (I think the same one) even waved at the cameras on his way into court.

He clearly didn't grasp the seriousness of it all. Yet more evidence that these men shouldn't be presiding over such delicate matters.

Cedars

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

Well its official then, the JW's are exactly like the catholics - Crazy Guy

Well, not exactly.

CHURCH officials hushed up a child sex scandal in their ranks and refused to co-operate with police.

Pennsylvania Catholic official is first to be convicted for mishandling abuse claims

The Catholic Church gets it.

• BroMac
    BroMac

Yes dozy, Richard Daniel is a JW Elder and Barrister. He must be in his late 70's by now. Works exclusively for WTBTS.

What part of Romans 13, "superior authorities" "put in place by God" do they not understand?

"Love... does not look for its own interests". Jehovah's Witnesses were not the victim here, Young children who were sexually abused by Leighton a Ministerial Servant in their congregation, Young Children were the victims, and they deserved justice. Without the JC Elders witness statements justice may not have been served.

To the Judge

• besty
    besty
    Richard Daniel ( not "Daniels" ) is the head lawyer for JWs in the UK. Very intelligent guy

I am sure he is very intelligent. His critical thinking skills are somewhat silo'd given he represents and is a member of the organization he believes is the voice of God on earth when in fact it is nothing more than an American publishing, real estate and investment corporation.

anyways - he found out again (I'm 100% sure he knew he was making a specious argument) that clergy confidentiality is an inferior right to the public interest of seeing alledged paedophiles receive justice.

I wonder what his lose/win ratio is - the most interesting thing about his presence in this case is that he is arguing against the Crown Prosecution Service on behalf of the clergy of a church that had already expelled the paedophile and so is no longer a member of the JW religion.

What were they thinking? Idiots.

• BroMac
    BroMac

I believe he was a QC. I could be wrong

• BroMac
    BroMac

So this is evidence of Jehovah's Holy Spirit in action:

Child abusing Paedophile = Reproof

Lose your temper/ Violent behavior = Disfellowshipped

excuse me while I

• besty
    besty

clever boy wrote a book - I'd be interested in Kelly Louderback-Wood's review....

http://www.danielmedicolegal.co.uk/

The author, Richard Daniel, qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 1961 and as a Barrister in 1977. In 2007 he was additionally admitted to the Bar of Ireland.

Summary

It first traces the somewhat chequered history of blood transfusion in the UK, Canada, France and Ireland and the more recent origins, developments, techniques, products and practices in non-blood management. And then deals progressively with the medical, legal and ethical issues with over 80 citations on non-blood management from reputable leading medical publications and some 65 reported legal cases. It also examines the comparative overall costs to the NHS of allogeneic blood, including prolonged bed stay, and some of the notably cheaper alternatives.

In addition to the general principles and treatment of competent adults, there are chapters devoted to obstetrics, neonates, minors, expert witnesses and other specific matters, many reaching beyond the UK into Ireland, Europe, Russia and the US.

Unique to this publication are 23 children’s case histories, suitably anonymised, of medico/legal cases spanning 28 years, most of which are unreported anywhere else. They highlight the difficulties parents have had to face in court proceedings when the blood issue has arisen. These loving parents have been seeking management of often highly complex surgery without resort to allogeneic blood where the treating team, or more usually hospital risk managers and lawyers, have not been able to agree on the risk management and a judge has been called upon to rule.

A table of cases and an index provide a helpful guide around the 254 pages of the work for laymen, lawyers, judges, clinicians, nurses, midwives, law and medical lecturers and others interested in modern practice of non-blood management and blood conservation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit