Britain | Jehovah's Witnesses hushed up child sex scandal | July 16, 2013

by jwleaks 172 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"What you have posted is an addition to the book available to Australian elders only. It was an addition to the 1989 version of the book. The added information you're quoting was for Australian congregations only." ..I didn't know that, there was no mention of that on Jwfacts. PHIZZY+PUNKOFNICE: please remember posting guideline 1. Accusing someone of being a pedophile (or even suggesting such).. based on virtually no evidence is, at the very least, equivalent to trolling, IMHO. It achieves nothing, adds nothing, and only serves to provoke.

• Prime
    Prime

OK. Prove it. Where is your evidence?
    As Phizzy asks so do I. Prime, your constant siding with the watchtower(R) over their vile unrepentant practice of protecting paedophiles is questionable. You come over as more interested in protecting Jehovah's witness paedophiles than in protecting children from those monsterous predators.

No valid response, so start attacking me personally...

I don't personally care who goes to jail for a crime punishable by law. I'm primarily concerned with doing the right thing towards all involved parties in any given situation. I primarily stated my position, not strictly the current position of Watchtower Society or the position of the elders in this recent news article. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean you can force your opinion on others.

Every other word on this forum is "sue." One person said the Watchtower Society should be sued if someone gets bit by a dog while in the door-to-door ministry. People like you have absolutely no regard for the law. I've demonstrated that I do.

• cedars
    cedars

Prime

People like you have absolutely no regard for the law. I've demonstrated that I do.

Though it is wrong to accuse you of crimes without evidence, you most certainly have not demonstrated a regard for the law. You support and endorse the actions of an organization that has been caught red-handed going out of its way to protect the identity and actions of pedophiles even if this means their crimes going unpunished. If this doesn't show a disregard for the law, not to mention basic human decency, I don't know what does.

Cedars

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Prime.. You didn't answer their request for evidence of your claim.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This disgusting episode will surely make some people think!

NB I sent a "report a charity" feedback form on the Charity Comission's website, referring to this case , citing both I B S A London and the local congregation which is a charity. Of course I will only get a standard dismissive reply, but if enough people did it???????

Who knows?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    mP - "Is there any religion that is not a club for pedophiles?"

Actually, yeah.

The main reason pedophilia is such a problem in the WTS isn't because the Org is inherently evil, run by sociopaths, or just plain stupid, but because it's an authoritarian high-control group (a term I prefer over "cult" because it's more accurate IMO, and more importantly, the WTS would be far harder-pressed to deny the label).

When such an organization is also a marginilized (accidentally or by design), ultraconservative religion and has become successful and entrenched, the institutionalized sexual victimization of young people becomes virtually inevitable and endemic because the inherent characteristics of such a group (i.e. a tendency towards secrecy, a disdain for the outside world, a need to portray the leadership as infallible, etc.) cannot help but create an environment where that and other types of antisocial pathologies are able to thrive.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that as long as any relgious group insists on remaining authoritarian and heirarchal, it will never be able to get rid of the problem.

On the other hand, how many pedophila scandals have you heard of exposed in churches that embrace fiscal and policy transparency, utilize the democratic process, pursue community activism, and respect secular law, authentic history, and the discoveries of science?

I submit that those characteristics - by and large - tend to immunize a church from the problems of pedophilia, corruption, etc., because as long as they continue to be practiced, they effectively prevent that church from becoming authoritarian.

In fact, take that chain of reasoning a step further, and one could easily conclude (whether one even believes in God or not) that being an authoritarian religion - no matter how devout or pious it tries to be - ultimately disqualifies it from any genuine claims of authenticy or legitimacy...

..."By their works, ye shall know them", after all.

• cofty
    cofty
    People like you have absolutely no regard for the law. I've demonstrated that I do.

This is not true. The judge informed the 3 elders they were wrong to have refused to help the police investigation for 2 years and ordered them to cooperate.

Common sense, decency and morality should have been enough.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Punkof nice and I did not accuse Prime of a crime, we asked was he a Paedophile, not a crime to be one unless you act out your desires.

The reason I am suspiscious is that the methods he uses to cloud the issue are similar to the mindset of Paedophiles, and the way they excuse their actions.

I think Punk and I asked a fair question.

Prime says "People like you have no regard for the Law" , far from it, we respect the Law and Legal Process, but we do not hide unlawful acts or prevent the course of justice by not reporting crimes, if I was aware of a crime commited by anyone on here, I would report it, it would be my moral duty.

We here are way above your beloved Elders when it comes to moral standards.

" I'm primarily concerned with doing the right thing towards all involved parties in any given situation." Claims Prime,

That is obviously a lie, as you are primarily concerned with whitewashing the people concerned in this, and the WT who are ultimately responsible, because of their lack of proper protection for the vulnerable, and their very concentrated protection of Paedophiles.

Are you, too, a Paedophile Prime ?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Phizzy: I never said that you accused him of a crime, and you are deliberately avoiding the fact that asking someone such a question with no evidence, is both provocative and pointless. What do you expect him to say? Exactly, so please don't pretend it was a 'fair question'. Anyway, when people ask trolls to back up their claims, they tend to dissappear. No need to provoke..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I know the question is a bit like "when did you stop beating your wife", but I wish to expose Prime for what he is, an Apologist for unashamed protectors and worse, facilitators, for Paedophiles.

The WT has been labeled as a Paedophiles Paradise because it has no active programme to protect the vulnerable, (yes, it has a"policy", this is not the same as having a programme which includes responsible, CRB/DRB checked people always present when JW's convene, responsible Law abiding groups here in the U.K all do this, not JW's, hence the rape and buggery continues).

There is simply no excuse for their pathetic, and criminal, stance.

Prime, you, and the WT, disgust me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit