I lost my pet today...

by tooktheredpill 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

People often underestimate the closeness and affection and importance an animal can have in ones life. This may sound strange but one of the greatest affections I ever had and experienced in my life was for a dog. He truly was my best friend. The love that little fellow gave me I can honestly say saved my life in one of it's most dark periods. He kept me sane and grounded and his limitless unbounded love and affection and happiness reminded me that I was human and loveable when nothing and no one else did or could.

Very sorry or your sad loss..

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Oh - gulp! So sorry. Its going to take some time.....I still cannot think about our Cavalier, Beau (who died in 2009) without getting so upset. Did anyone follow Winston the Cavalier on Youtube? I was the first poster when he passed - it was like losing a little friend. It'll be really tough the next couple of weeks, but we are thinking of you. Love G.x.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Go and get another pet, best way to get over it.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I wouldn't rush. Pets are a long term commitment.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I can feel your pain and anguish 100%, TOOKTHERED PILL.

My wife and I came home from Sunday's meeting to find our beloved pet had died. (no details, because we are still in and trying to gently rouse others)

The pain has convinced me that it is not wise to put ourselves through this again by getting a quick replacement - there are plenty of creatures in the wild to appreciate, without having them become like a close family member.

So no more personal pets for us.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Look at the bright side.

You no longer have that false god taking time away from your study and meetings and thinking on Jehovah.

(total sarcasm about that Saturday DC talk)

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am so sorry, we lost our Henry in 05 and I can still start crying if I think to much about him. He was the best pet anyone could have had. I wish I could say the pain goes away when you get a new pet but it just dims instead because you do not think of them all the time but the moment you do the pain is still right there. Henry was always there when we were first married and my elder husband was gone doing his elder things, I felt so very, very alone but I could come home to Henry and he would always be there, in someways he was my only friend, he was just the best.

Our new furry children are great but Henry let a huge hole in my heart that will never totally heal.

I am so sorry for your loss.

LITS

• James Brown
    James Brown

We lost 4 cocker spaniels and 2 cats within the last 2 years. The cockers were 3 brothers and

the father.

When we lost the last cocker, my wife who is 58 had all the symtoms of a heart attack

3 days in the hospital and the medical bills.

Ultimatley the diagnosis was stress, after that she went out and rescued a dingo, carolina dog.

She said she will never be without a dog again. When this one starts to go she will get another one

before he dies.

That's is just her and knowing herself and how she reacts.

• ingimar
    ingimar

So sorry for your loss. All of us that have lost a beloved furrbaby can relate to your pain. We recently lost our 20 year old ragdoll cat. My husband cried like a baby. He thought that we should wait to get another but my theory was that every day that I wait is a day in my life without a cat so when he went to work I researched the SPCA and found a perfect kitten. He came home and there he was. He admits that our kitten has brigtened our lives. We will always miss our old cat but take comfort in knowing that she had a long happy life. We also have a 10 year old dog who is a loved and treasured family member.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Sorry!

I have lost many different pets growing up. It' always sad because they REALLY love you! They are part of the family.

Peace,

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit