Old out-of-touch JWs using antiquated terms

by sir82 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

Yet if you use antiquated WT terms you will be quickly counseled by some uber jw. Try these term and watch the reaction

New Order or New World Order

Jehovah's Christian witnesses

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

When older brothers mention Frank Sinatra's "I Did It My Way" as an example of music promoting 'independent thinking'. I never even heard of the song until 2008 when I started learning jazz bass!! I was 28.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I have also noticed that all the talks are form old outlines or should i say they havent updated the outlines so now it like hearing re-runs over and over and over.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They had a talk just before the summer District Convention reminding the "friends" not to "Bogart" the paper towels when they washed their hands in the restrooms at the assembly grounds.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

When my kids were teenagers there was a talk about music and the speaker made a big deal about how degenerate the song "Mack The Knife" was. For those who haven't heard of it, this is a well known Jazz standard from the sixties, he went on and on. True, it is about a hired killer, but come on, it's total tongue in cheek. My kids had never heard of it, so the talk had zero relevance for them. They listened to The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division, alt rock. I knew then they would never be dubs. Of all the music around then (nineties) they harp on that. It just showed how out of touch the organization was. Of course now I am happy they never took to the religion, but at the time it was discouraging.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

High five Julia! I think we're the same age!

I did it my way=Independent Thinking (gasp! shudder!)

Lisa Rose-Whoa I didnt know Mack The Knife was about a hitman...way cooler now!

Stillin-High five for working "Olde" into your post (or "Ye Olde Post")...lolololol! Nice!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'm surprised they don't mention the Beatles. I heard that when "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" came out the idea of singing about such blatant displays of public affection caused quite a controversy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Long may they continue in this illinformed out of touch way, that way they will only entrap the weird and special needs types, which seems to have been the norm around here for the last couple of decades. No convert from that time that I have met was a normal kind of person.

That way the whole bunch get the label of "weirdo's", which is all to the good.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Expand your list to include the young and naive, because that was me when I converted at the ages 15-19. That was from 1995-2000, when I got baptized.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right Julia, such ones as sweet innocent you are vulnerable too, to the blandishments of the cult, but I was simply speaking from my limited experience of the rare converts in the Congos around where I live, all either special needs in some way, or downright weirdo's.

I am sure that even to this group the JW "religion" will have less and less appeal if they don't try and get in to the 21st Century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit