My Wife Visits Her JW Best Friend

by OnTheWayOut 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My wife went to visit her best friend who had moved back to a tropical island
    years ago to be near family. I won't search for the threads, but I have posted
    on this very very JW family many times- how being very very JW has caused them
    to make odd life choices.

I have posted in the past on how one sibling suddenly died and my wife's best
    friend and her brother were at a District Convention instead of at home with
    their grieving parents because "we made plans already and we had to get to the
    DC" and that was perfectly understandable to the parents.

I posted once about how the best friend's mother was not going to give me a ride
    back to the ferry to leave the island if I did not attend the Memorial.

I posted how the wife's best friend's brother was married more than a decade ago
    and his wife turned up pregnant with some other guy's baby. She claimed that she
    had repressed the memory of a rape and the elders believed her. The guy definitely
    knew better and divorced her, but she refuses to admit to any "fornication" or
    unfaithfulness and he remains single to this day, faithfully serving Jehovah
    without privileges in the congregation because he divorced his wife without
    scriptural grounds. She continues to hide what she does in her life and hopes
    to remain a JW in good standing that way.

Two updates:

The brother is tired of being single and will probably hire a private investigator
    to prove to the elders that his ex-wife is having sex. When my wife told me this,
    I said that's such a waste of money because he "and Jehovah" knew what she did
    and he should just move on, do what he wants, let the chips fall where they may.

The wife's best friend got married. She was literally the 50-year old virgin who
    barely even ever dated, always seeking the kingdom first and not wanting a husband.
    Well, she broke down and changed her mind. She's a shapely, beautiful lady with a
    bit of a rough personality- straightforward and a bit heavy on JW stuff in all
    conversations. Still, a likeabe person. So she has married a retired man more than
    15 years older than her. He had 3 previous marriages and became a JW only a few
    years ago.

What a crazy JW family.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ok the elders who bought that story are the dumbest people on the planet. Repressed memories of a rape. Wow, I made up some doozies in the past, but this one beats them all.

Crazy JW family is a bit redundant

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Will my repressed memory of all my Apostate ramblings on here count as a defense if I am outed ? I do hope so.

There are some totally mad JW families, and yet most of their madness is approved by other JW's, as it sort of dovetails with the WT madness. Nobody ever says to them what needs to be said, in Monty Python fashion, "You are a looney!"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My ex's family was like that. They were in the front of the cong at all meetings, and the grand poobah of a FIL was the PO. Behind closed doors, they crawled on their stomachs. Biggest snakes in the world. Involved in every multi-level marketing scam, and they pressured the dubs to participate. The kids were getting it on worse than a box full of hamsters.

All the while, bad mouthing the world for a lack of morals.

Weirdest frickin' religion in the world. At least hookers for Jesus put it right on the table

• laverite
    laverite

OTWO,

Thanks for this update on this lovely family. I remember the various threads you've posted on them. Your detailed experience going and being amonst them was so well told I felt uncomfortable reading it -- almost like I was there! What a nutty group. But their idiosyncracies are so similar to other families and situations all of us on here at JWN know about in our own lives.

You mentioned the 50 year old virgin. I know of two examples that are kind of similar. A family friend pioineered her entire adult life (and still pioneers). Such a wonderful and lovely person. Very pretty woman. Amazing personality. Very caring. Not at all like any of the horror stories we hear about on here. So very sincere and kind in every way. She has devoted every second of every day to the Corporation. She believes with all her heart. She really is a beautiful person inside and out. She did come close to marrying twice in her life. Finally, in her early 60s she met an elder from another congregation who had lost his wife to cancer. They fell in love and are very happy. She was still a virgin when she married. They've been married a few years now. He is a very handsome fellow and she's still as attractive as always.

Another example...a close family member of mine. In her mid- 70s. Life-long servant of the Corporation and pioneer. ULTRA ZEALOUS UBER DUB. Never married. 100% virgin. Attractive. She doesn't hesitate to say she's a virgin. She seems very proud of it. She brings it up -- no one else does. "No man has ever touched me in any way. Ever. I'm still as much of a virgin as I was the day I was born." She does sometimes tell funny stories when she has to see a new doctor at Kaiser and their reaction to a woman in her mid-70s being a virgin still...Priceless. Especially when they have had to do an exam. A couple of docs have, in response to her virginity being intact, asked about any female partners which has made her literally irate in their offices. She's HUGELY homophobic.

Sorry if this has started to veer off topic.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Crazy indeed.

Isn't it great how one has to jump through hoops to "prove" adultery on the part of a spouse?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought the prego wife was a trump card. Apparently not. So now that she realized it was a repressed memory of rape, did she eventually file charges? Does the baby look like anyone familiar?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

On The Way Out...Come on - come on - come on.

Really? Truly? Honest, cross my heart and hope to die?

Someone was raped, got preggers, and all along she said she suppressed the memory? AND the Elder's believed her? lol So how does the husband not collect $200.00 and a Free get out of this marriage Card? Hello. Another man touched her, that is considered adultery, whether she got drunk and doesn't remember or not. What does remembering or not remembering have to do with it? She did not get pregnant by an angelic indiscretion. Infidelity breaks the bonds. If the mate doesn't want to keep you, you get thrown overboard and move on.

Geese. Poor Guy.

Adultery was involved. The woman is pregnant. What a joke of "Holy Spirit" enlightened Elders, in a joke of a made up religion. Some people will believe anything.

I haven't read anything so ridiculous in a long time. lol

Imagine being a JDub in that congo . You could get away with anything, I guess, if you are female. FacePalm .

Just Lois

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Come on - come on - come on.

I can't make up stuff better than that. The weirdest part is not the bullshit claim of repressed memory but the shmuck staying faithful to the organization that says he abandoned his wife unscripturally and cannot get some new girl ever unless his ex sins first. And there he sits more than a decade later.

• whathappened
    whathappened

This would make a great Lifetime Television Movie, such a soap opera!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit