I'm just tired

by joe134cd 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I hear you, brother. Time to get the hell out, before you crash and burn.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Joe:

It sounds like your ready for the move. I don't know if you have a job, living at home, or married. But what ever plan you have plan your exit carefully. It's hard to live with the lie once you know the truth about the WTBTS. For me personally I couldn't live with it for to long. I disassociated myself by sending a letter and when they asked if we wanted to meet with the elders we said no, and that was the end of that. And I haven't looked back. So what ever your decision you make I hope you can live with it. Good Luck.

Adventurousone

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

WOW!!! thats exactly how I felt. It took a couple of years to fade out. These were my steps. I stopped commenting, Removed my name from the school. Then I completely stopped going out in service. My explaination was...How can I go out and help someone, when I can't even help myself! I would start missing meetings (which pissed my husband off) AND THEN...last April I stopped all together.I had to tell my husband to not make me feel guilty about not going. I asked him do you want me to go to please you? or am I allowed to make my own decision? He stopped harrassing me . FINALLY!!!Iwas pretty messed up, as far as finally seeing what I have on videos and this site. I was like, man this Religion is messed up. I soon started drinking more, and was in denial about depression. Oh great a PILL really???? But i finally gave in and NOW I am on Welbutrin and I feel great!!! I get thru things way better. It just balanced me .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Hey guys thanks for your advise

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm tired of my wife taking my kids to this cult.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You only have one life , stop trying to please others it never works ,and if others dont please you then move on ,life is too short.

smiddy

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Hi joe, thanks for posting. My only recommendation would be to do something about it. Please do not allow yourself to be a victim but instead a creator who can see a problem and strum up a solution. Here's to not being tired but invigorated with life and freedom. All the best,

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Hi Billy no I haven't tried the fading thing. God forbid, if this is how I get harassed when I am sick what would happen if I really tried to fade? I dread to think. I had another elder text me tonight asking where was I. Do these elders not talk to each other? Huh? I would have thought it would be common knowledge in the cong by now that I was sick. Seriously! No, when I depart no fading for me just DA when I am good and ready, I think that's the only answer for me.

Lozza

• cantleave
    cantleave

If your tired get off the roller coaster, get off the merry-go-round. Just say no.

I don't often agree with James Brown, but on this occasion we are of one thought!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think this happens a lot. The fact is that this religion asks a lot of you but gives nothing back. The attitude is that whatever you may be doing in the way of theocratic activities, you should be doing even more. Eventually the constant demands and guilt takes its toll and you get burned out, which leads to depression. There is no joy, no feeling of satisfaction at a job well done, nothing to balance the sheer drudgery of meetings and field service.

If you believe in God, do you think he expects you to live like this, going through the motions just to meet family expectations? A living God would not expect this, and if he is not a loving God, why serve him? Time to get off the merry go round.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit