I'm just tired

by joe134cd 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• sspo
    sspo

Once you make the decision to get out and some time goes by and start living your own life it's like a load of brick off your shoulder.

We have been in your shoes and have felt the same way. Get out and stop making yourself miserable.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I agree with Cedars. For your own welfare you need to start making an exit plan. Maybe you'll fade and maintain only a few family relationships. Maybe you'll announce it from a mountain top and get DFd. But you have to make a stand

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Nice energy!

Consider yourself one of the fortunate few who decide not to be co-dependant WT drones for the rest of their lives.

Use this energy in a positive way. Make plans. Set goals. Move on.

Giving them the 'finger' only reinforces the notion that you are an apostate under demonic control.

ginger

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sooner or later you need to make a stand and do what YOU want to do, and not feel guilty for it.

Unfortunately, for many of us that's easier said than done.

For me, elderly parents, siblings, friends/associates.

It changes the dynamics of many things.

Remember, you don't have to make any sudden decisions. Take your time.

Plan your exit.

Doc

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Yes Joe I know exactly how you feel. I have been sick for several weeks and haven't been to any meetings during that time. The elders keep ringing and texting me and have been to see me. It annoys me, I just want to be left alone to get better. I am feeling stressed by their interest/hounding, don't really know what their motives are for keeping on keeping on. I just feel they are checking up on me. I don't go to DCs or any assemblies anymore, as I've had a gut full of the bullshit that spews from the mouths of the speakers. Really since I stopped meetings I don't feel that I am missing anything having heard it all before. I am lonely and tired of all the crap as well. So any elders having a look at this post please take note, given the venomous talk at the upcoming DC about apostates I couldn't care less and am proud to be a so called active publisher and also at the same time an active apostate so take that you loosers!!!!! Grrrr!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I remember that feeling. I wrote about it in this thread. I was so emotionally exhausted during my last years as a JW. With the depression, I would go through phases of insomnia and phases of excessive sleeping... but always still tired. Once I started making plans and fading, things have gotten better.

Have you made any progress fading? I started some other threads with suggestions for faders.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

joe134cd:

I remember the tired feeling you mention for the reasons you state plus a few others!

What was it Jesus said? "My yoke is easy and my burden light." Well, contrast that to the religion's load. It is certainly not light and this made me realize that something was very wrong.

When I began my "fade" in 2001, I felt an overpowersing sense of relief in a very short time. I breathed a sigh of relief and was grateful for my re-discovered freedom which I will never again take for granted.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hello, joe134cd,

I am right there with you, everything you said. You wrote you are doing things people want you to do, to keep them happy. My first thought at reading that is, You can't make other people happy. If you were ABLE to do everything they want you to do, they wouldn't like it - they would just pile more stuff onto the load so you can't ever feel like you made it to any goal. They always say, We commend you brothers on this or that, BUT...

Nothing ever enough, even for a little while. Gotta get off that hamster wheel!

I sure wish you good health and happiness in Freedom.

• James Brown
    James Brown

If your tired get off the roller coaster, get off the merry-go-round. Just say no.

I quit back in 83. I said no more. My wife kept going another 10 years after that, then she saw the light and got off the ride.

We never got disfellowshiped.

We put up Christmas lights, Halloween, Thanksgiving decorations and the friends still talk to us,

and we get invited to family weddings etc. I went from being a pioneer, ministerial servant,

public talk giver to freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit