I'm just tired

by joe134cd 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You know I'm just tired about all the bull shit that goes on. I'm sick of trying to please others. I loath pissing people off on a Saturday morning. I'm sick of been pressured by others to do things I don't want to do, and yet I still do them to keep them happy. I depressed and lonely and when ever I walk into that hall it just stresses me out. I feel like getting up on the stage and telling them what I think and letting out all my frustrations. But I think most of all I'm just tired of the whole thing.

• cedars
    cedars

I know the feeling of intense frustration when you realise that most of what you do in life is to please and satisfy the delusions of others rather than for your own benefit.

I'm sure you can figure out a way through this, but sooner or later it will involve disappointing people. That's just part and parcel of the journey unfortunately. It's impossible to make everyone happy in life.

Sooner or later you need to make a stand and do what YOU want to do, and not feel guilty for it.

Cedars

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Yup, sounds like it's starting to get more painful to stay where you are than do something else. Once it has... it's easier to change.

All people do this to some point... we like our status quo... ask/observe any addict.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Here is a surprise for you. When you stop trying to please others, many won't even notice, even more won't care. Those that really need others to please them will drop you in a hot minute and go about looking for the next persons to please them.

I guess what I am saying is, it is an illusion to live your life from a perspective of pleasing others. Most people don't notice and don't care. They are going about their own stuff. You are a sideline item, so get on with what you want to do.

• finally awake
    finally awake

i hated meetings and service and especially assemblies for a long time. I held on and kept plugging away because I was afraid to lose my social network and I was afraid my marriage would suffer if I quit. As it turns out, leaving the witnesses behind has been 100% good for me. I have new friends and I'm so much happier, and my marriage is better. My kids are happier too. It sounds to me like you are ready for a change as well.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am there to Brother! Bob_NC is right, users will move on. Once people, especially the Elders, realize that you don't care one bit about being " men pleasers" they will lose interest in you. You are no longer " reaching out " and therefore useless to them. Not kissing A** will also weed out anyone who was never a real friend to begin with. I you are really tired, just stay home.

If someone asks why I wasn't in service, I just say " I needed a mental-health day." Those two words will work wonders. The Elders don't want to deal with that. Sure, some are sincere in their beliefs ( although misled ) but they are stressed out to and need a break themselves. So they shouldn't bother you too much.

Are you trying to fade? If that is your plan, then you have to make some appearences. Just make less and less as time goes by.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

If you're just plain tired of your religion then it's time to have a break! Just tell them you're having a break baby!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Been there. Done that. Got a Sparlock T-shirt.

I was DA'd by the corporation's local kangaroo court.

All in all I'm glad to be out of that hell hole of a cult.

Yes. It broke my family up and we're still suffering but at least we're living an honest life.

Two fingers to the GB. (Or if you're in the USA then it's 'flip the bird' at the GB), They're having no more of my money and time.

Those so called 'friends' that now shun me can bog off. They're not worth my friendship if they prefer to obey 8 paedophile loving perverts in Brooklyn.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

DA'd Punkie ? I thought the so*s DF'd you for Apostasy ?

Re. the thread title, that tired feeling can be the start of depression, due to having to bottle up so much. Get out soon, for your own health.

Freedom from the WT is wonderful and er...happyfying.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy - No. They said my actions meant I had DA'd myself rather than DF'd me. I was attending a church at the time as I still believed in the Jesus myth.

Same result. Witless pillocks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit