The UNFORGIVABLE Sin: What Is It?

by Cold Steel 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

There is no such thing as sin - forgiveable or otherwise.

Ther is no spirit world, no afterlife, no judgement to come.

Now stop wearing magic underwear and enjoy your life.

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the solution involves magic underwear.

Cedars

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I posted some research about this here (my post, third one down).

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Adding, removing, changing and omitting texts in the bible to suit a heretical cult's doctrines. Then getting its 8 million or so adherents to believe its the best translation ever, produced by the worlds finest linguists and don't bother with any other.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Seems to me that what is being spoken about by Jesus with this unforgivable sin is the offence against personality. It would be like lying about a person’s intent that is doing charity work and accusing them of evil intent by listing all the charity work they have done as proof of their bad intent. It is not only nonsensical but harms people all round not least themselves.

It harms the ideal of doing good in the public mind in case they are accused of something bad other than wanting to do good, and it harms the idea of judging people by their actions. It also harms those who would need to be the recipients of kindness and charity by drawing a veil of fear over doing charity, leading to more deaths of the neediest, and for what reason? So that those in power can maintain their monopoly of public respect in order to keep their power and use that power to keep all the good apples for themselves even though they don’t even need every apple in the cart, so to speak. Even though those with the monopoly of power are starving and robing the thing that gives themselves power, the people as it were, to the degree that they start to die, even though it will diminish their own power, it is too late to change because they are so corrupt.

Given that people judge themselves ultimately without the ability to self-deceive, I would imagine that judging oneself as self-deceptive because that is what they were when calling the good of others bad, would set up an impossible internal cycle one cannot escape from.

Just a few thoughts.

• Fernando
    Fernando

It seems hard to imagine how anyone can get closer to committing this sin than those of the "ruling religious clergy class".

Their contempt for the Holy Spirit's testimony of the "unabridged gospel" is palpable.

They resist (Satan) the Holy Spirit, and slander (Devil) those yielding to the Holy Spirit's testimony.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JakeM2012: Speaking negatively of the WTBTS and criticizing the self-appointed Governing Body.

Yep, that's it! Absolutely!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Leaving the toilet seat up

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

The unforgivable sin is daring to question the validity of the "faithful slave"

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Most of you have mentioned various sins...or in some cases that, no, you can't sin, period.

Even if you're an atheist, what do you think the writers meant? I can't think of any sin that, if the violator came crawling back to the elders, couldn't be forgiven. But it's clear that there's a sin which one can commit that puts them beyond the pale of forgiveness. That means it can't be forgiven, and that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is that sin.

But how can one commit that blasphemy? Which sin, if committed, would keep the elders from forgiving you if you came crawling back, hat in hand, wanting forgiveness?

There are some atheists on YouTube who have attempted to commit this sin by walking into churches and announcing in a loud voice that they are there to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Then they begin using profanity and directing it against the Spirit. But Jehovah’s Witnesses believe the Holy Ghost is simply the “active force” of God, and not a living Being. Interesting that blasphemy against the Father and Son would be forgiven, but not blasphemy against God’s active force!

So if someone came into a council of elders and said, “I’ve come to you brethren to confess that I blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. I was drunk, didn’t know what I was doing, and we thought it would be fun to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Now I realize I was wrong. Have I gone too far, elders? Is my future cast in stone?”

What would those elders say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit