The UNFORGIVABLE Sin: What Is It?

by Cold Steel 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Jesus said:

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. (Mark 3:28-29)

So what is the sin against the Holy Spirit, according to the Society? And is it really unforgivable? If one commits it, there's no way he or she can be resurrected, right?

Isn't that what "eternal damnation" means?

• Terry
    Terry

The fact that it is the MOST important sin and the merciful God cannot forgive it should make us wonder why we have to wonder.

So little time spent on clarification!

Interesting, eh?

It is a GUILT-mechanism meme. That's all.

Creating fear.

If you don't know which sin is unforgivable maybe you'll try not to commit any at all.

Yeah, that's works perfectly.

Or....maybe not.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Blaspheming is a victimless crime.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

That Yahweh really was a petty God, wasn't he?

Cold Steel, when you become a Mormon God promise us you'll be a little more magnanimous than that spoiled brat Yahweh.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

You have to read the Book of Daniel to understand what the unforgivable sin is!

Here is a hint:

Another word for sin is "transgression"

A transgression which causes desolation is a sin that is not forgiven.

Daniel 8:13-14

And I got to hear a certain holy one speaking, and another holy one proceeded to say to the particular one who was speaking: "How long will the vision be of the constant [feature] and of the transgression causing desolation, to make both [the] holy place and [the] army things to trample on?" 14 So he said to me: "Until two thousand three hundred evenings [and] mornings; and [the] holy place will certainly be brought into its right condition."

Daniel 11:31

And there will be arms that will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will actually profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant [feature].

"And they will certainly put in place the disgusting thing that is causing desolation. (not forgiven)

Daniel 9:24

"There are seventy weeks that have been determined upon your people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression,

Matthew 13:40-43

.The Son of man will send forth his angels, and they will collect out from his kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let him that has ears listen.

abe

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

That's cleared that up..

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here is a transgression which I am convinced will cause desolation (aka unforgivable sin):

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and God's Spirit Directed Organization and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

Greiving the holy spirit!

abe

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Speaking negatively of the WTBTS and criticizing the self-appointed Governing Body.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Brown socks with a black suit.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is a GUILT-mechanism meme. That's all.

Yep thats it in a nutshell , I agree with you terry

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit