Introduction and a note on several posts here

by LizO 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Yeah, on second thought I'd need to agree with you LizO, this is probably not the place for you. You've started off angry here, not the best start.

Like you I want evidence so when I see a post that says Rutherford had mistresses and I was unaware of that, I don't repeat that to anyone else, I'll happily wait till I see evidence. Just because there's not a link next to a post doesn't mean it's not true but rather than get annoyed about it maybe you should address the specifics and ask those individuals to provide the evidence, once done if you still don't agree then that's fine, that's allowed.

what I am surprised about is that on most things here there's an overwhelming amount of evidence to support claims made

The GB might not be sitting there in Bethel 'knowing' they are lying (although some I suspect are) but a lie is a lie is a lie, as it were. I don't need to add anymore examples, there's been many quoted here, if that isn't enough to help you see how the wbts runs then nothing will.

i wish you all the best in your search (if you do search)

p.s I never once got the impression that Ray Franz was bitter. He was sad. He came across as humble to me and freely admitted his own faults, unlike the wt masters of today. Food for thought.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Phizzy: Please give examples of where we are wrong in what we contend, and not just your "opinion", proper proof, otherwise you are simply an Apologist for fraudulent, paedophile protecting scammers.

--

I'd like to see the evidence also.

It seems Liz likes to use the same tactics she condemns.

When I first discovered JWN I came across a topic where someone posted a WT quote. It looked very official. Almost immediately, another JWN member checked if it was accurate. It was not. The OP had changed some wording from the original text to make it say something it didn't.

I was impressed with the fact that, even though most here are ex-JW and have no good feelings about WT, they are equally as unwilling to put up with dishonesty here as they are from WT. The OP who posted the misquote was heavily chastised for lying.

----

iCeltic: p.s I never once got the impression that Ray Franz was bitter. He was sad. He came across as humble to me and freely admitted his own faults, unlike the wt masters of today. Food for thought.

Liz sees what she wants to see...nothing more.

• jam
    jam

Liz: I really don't give a crap what they preach, teach or

if they believe the end will come tomorrow. I have been out

since1986 but what makes my blood boil , there is no end to

the madness when it comes to JW family members.

You mention "delibaretly try to make people suffer" they

truly believe in what they preach and are generally trying

to meet their standards( you right their standards, not God's)

to the best of their knowledge/ability.

I hope you realize there are people here who have not seen or

talked to love ones (mother, father, son , daughter, brother) in

decades. Why? Because the GB tell them we are evil people. Is that a lie?

No Christian organization should bring this type of suffering on any family,

unless it's a cult. They a worried about loosing control over the RF.

They would have to be brain dead if they don't realize the pain and suffering

they are causing to the RF and us. They love the power that's the bottom line.

• humbled
    humbled

LizO,

The naming of us as apostates and the DC talk on apostates with all the venom that the FDS conjures for us should be enough to enlighten you as to the honesty of the WTS.

Have you ever engaged with Brooklyn itself? When did you ever take your faith in the Bible and had a serious question yet, trusting in the integrity of the Organization, written with respect and sincerity for dialogue. Have you tried this? If you had you might find out in that process whether the WTBTS is honest in its dealings with the rank-and-file..

For many of us, trying to be honest ourselves, we were run over by the Corporation who then cornered us into a space that allows one to become a liar oneself or alternatively allows you to be named an apostate.

Welcome,LizO, but I think you got off at the wrong station.

You seemed to have had a pleasant time with the JWs. I had good friends there for 22 years, too, and I was a true believer while you just quit believing and slid away.

Since you actually never cared enough to raise your head above the trenches you didn't draw any fire and didn't get hurt. Alot of us here were treated badly and in a cowardly dishonest manner because we cared, because we believed.

It is hard to understand why you came here.

Maeve

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The organisation is TOTALLY mind-controlling and cruel. Any religion that is culpable for the deaths and abuse of little children especially is SICk and CRUEL beyond a shadow of a doubt and deserves to be scorned, ridiculed and paradied. Without a doubt.

Keep on researching, you'll soon see the truth of this.

• smiddy
    smiddy

nonjwspouse

I think you have blown liz and any other troll right out of the water

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

By lies I mean stuff that's not true, irrespective of intent. Is it true the bible says Jesus came back in 1914? No, it's not. It's not true. That's because Babylon didn't take Jerusalem in 607bc. That's not true either. Therefore the 1914 thing is not true. Therefore people are believing an untruth, irrespective of the intent of the Wt. I don't like living my life according to things that have been proven untrue; very few do. Jws included: yet they have not been able to make an unbiased assessment of these facts as they are discouraged from independent research. Therefore they remain believing something not true. They are held rigidly in that belief, irrespective of the intent of the author or they themselves as readers.

Usually it's called believing a lie, but if you want to get into semantics, you could call it believing in something untrue. During one of the bubonic plagues to hit England, it was believed you could cure it by contracting syphilis. The doctors of the time who told people that probably believed strongly that it was right, but it was not. Similarly, Jws believe in things that have been proven untrue because, like the plague sufferers, they have no reason not to believe the person who seems qualified, and have not the resources to study the matter themselves.

Yet when they do come across the resources, like people who leave a communist country, they realise they've been given false information all their lives.

• jemba
    jemba

After 38 hellish years in that cult I have nothing but bad feelings for the organisation and the people in it that could admit to their cognitive dissonance and leave the lie.

I have found far nicer people getting out of there and starting anew.

After many congregations around Australia I can only pick about 20% of them as genuine and kind people.

Most of them have become hard-hearted and selfish from the orgs teachings.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I lost interest in this thread yesterday.

I began to feel I was troll feeding.

The farce is strong in this one!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    The farce is strong in this one

--

I agree, Punkie. My big tip-off was when Liz said she'd read CoC and saw nothing in there that was a big deal. The other is when she said the WT's intellectual lying is not really lying and all of us should be okay with it. Immediate conclusion:

1. Liz hasn't even seen CoC much less read it.

2. Liz is dead from the neck up.

Obviously, Liz is from the Dark Side of the Farce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit