Introduction and a note on several posts here

by LizO 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover

Anyone who has stayed a couple of years around [the Catholics] knows that the organization is full of good and at atimes wonderful people.

Yet they still have a child abuse scandal among many other issues

Anyone who has stayed a couple of years around [the Mormons] knows that the organization is full of good and at atimes wonderful people.

Yet they still have a dark history (Smith, pologamy and racism) and still have nutty beliefs (magic underwear, book of Mormon)

Anyone who has stayed a couple of years around [the JWs] knows that the organization is full of good and at atimes wonderful people.

Yet they also have a child abuse problem, a dark history (Russell the kook, Rutherford the drunk, F. Franz the delusional), a pattern of false prophecies, ever constantly changing main doctrine, and blood guilt (transfusions).

Anyone who has stayed a couple of years around [Christians] knows that the organization is full of good and at atimes wonderful people.

Yet they believe in a magic man in the sky who controls our destiny

Point is, nice or not, people can be delusionally ignorant. And when that ignorance keeps you associated with a high control group like the JWs, it not only harms them, it harms others as they seek to gain converts through their WTS mandated preaching work. I don't like to harp on the rank and file, the real enemy is the WTS, but as long as people allow themselves to worship the WTS, then they have to suffer whatever criticism is heaped on them for being associated with the bOrg.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LixO - "I find lots of things on this forum dishonest and distressing and certain accusations are straight-out ridiculous and illogical."

Well, you're new.

Stick around a while, and you might be surprised just how much of the unbelievable stuff ends up being factual...

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@wha happened - " Yea I think we were all drawn into a conversation that was supposed to lead back to reinstatement with the WT. It was a fun run, but it never got off the ground. Take care LizO."

I like your style...

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Being able to access brilliant minds as seen here is one of a million reasons i love the internet♥

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

One simple example where almost all JWs lie:

Walk up to any JW on the street, someone out in service that you don't know, and ask them:

"Does your religon shun former members?"

They ALWAYS lie and say "no". Often times they really get into it with shocked faces... as in 'where on earth would you get such an idea?!'

When pressed, they might say it is a 'conscience decision'...another lie, or that they didn't really understand your question..another lie.

One simple example where the Org lied:

The Org said they became an NGO 'to use the UN library.' That is a straight up 100% deliberate LIE. ( also blantant hypocracy, but that's a different topic )

Simple examples of thought control techniques used by the org:

see this site: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/fear-cult-mind-control.php

Also, a fun excersize is to make a list of all the JW words and their defintions and then to 'translate' a book like The Live Forever book into regular English instead of JW language.. The use of loaded language becomes pretty clear when you do that.

for example, we all know

'take in life-giving Bible knowlege' = read WT publications;

'satan's world' = Non-JW world;

"God's laws" = JW rules, and so on.

example of some page 217 and 218 of Live Forever book 'translated' out of loaded language (that is set up in earlier chapters of the book) and into regular English:

paragraph 1: You must fight the influence of the non-JW world. You must fight your thoughts. Your thoughts are bad.

paragraph 3: You know the JW promise. You believe the JW promise. You want the JW promise. Unfortunatly you have strong thoughts of non-jw things.

paragraph 4: You can control your thoughts, if you really want to. Only you can control your thoughts. You need to read the WT publications. The WT publications must go deeper than your head. The WT publications must sink into your heart. You must have deep feelings about what you read in the WT publications so that you will want to do act on what they say.

paragraph 5: How to learn to like JW rules: 1)meditate about JW rules. 2) think deeply about JW rules 3) think of bad things happening if you don't follow JW rules, like getting venereal disease and not being able to ever have children 4) think of disobedence to JW rules causing sadness, trouble, pain, emotional breakdown and suffering..

and so on...

Simple example of cruelty ( cruelty 1. deliberate infliction of pain or suffering):

shunning, expecially of family members.

I begged my sister to let me take her new baby over to see our mother. "Can't she at least meet her grandson?" I asked. Nope, she said. "If I allow that how will Mom learn and how will I be standing firm? I will not compromise my faith in Jehovah." She almost seemed happy about what she was doing, proud. Made me want to throw up. That was I guess about a decade ago. Our mother still does not know her grandchildren and has not spoken directly to my sister in all that time.

I don't think you can imagine the amount of pain my sister is inflicting on my mother, day after day, month after month, year after year. It is terrible cruelty. The worst kind of cruelty. I don't care if my sister doesn't think she is being cruel or if my sister somehow thinks black is white, up is down, and shunning is love.

No matter what her reasons, she is deliberately inflicting huge amounts of pain and suffering on her mother, and that is cruel.

• nugget
    nugget

People are individuals and experience varies. I am happy that your experience has been a positive one but any organisation that practices shunning and will not allow members to honestly question their beliefs will be critercised by those who have sought answers and been penalised for it.

Many people are angry at the intolerance and cruelty they have suffered by people who they have respected and loved. Sometimes this may lead to immoderate expressions but this does not make their opinions invalid.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I think of the saying that I heard, could have been from this site, that "fish rot from the head down". The bad that exists in the Watchtower Corporation comes from the leadership. Period. They are responsible and accountable, and from the fruitage of their decisions they are being held to account by those who truly love what is fair, true, and morally right.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was born in, and in for many many decades, I found most individual JW's to be sincere, good people, who wanted to do what was right. Many were loving in a way far beyond that which the WT expects.

That does not change the fact that those who run the thing, the Governing Body, the Writing boys, and the Lawyers and Accountants etc are running a scam, posing as a religion, that is the reality, and it simply means those good people I knew are hoodwinked, as I was.

There may well have been many sincere, good people who supported the Nazi Party in the 30's, that does not alter the fact that the leadership were rotten to the core.

Please give examples of where we are wrong in what we contend, and not just your "opinion", proper proof, otherwise you are simply an Apologist for fraudulent, paedophile protecting scammers.

Welcome to the Forum .

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hi Troll! Welcome!! Another inactive, non-bible trusting yet WTBTS defender! Awesome!

" People who know the organization and say that the leadership is deliberately saying false things is - as I believe - dishonest. "

From the God's Word is Truth DC:

" Jehovah hates a false stylus. The Watchtower Magazine contains words of Truth. Everything is truthful and accurate, and can be trusted."

OOPS!! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/253299/1/ANOTHER-DISHONEST-QUOTE-FROM-CHRISTS-BROTHERS

OOPS again!!!!! http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php So much for the GB's rigorous proof-reading and approval process. Either they really suck at their jobs, or they deliberately allow false statements to be printed in the Watchtower.

I am sure that all the misquotes, and altering of past and present publications were accidental, and not deliberate. They also accidentally made 375 Million dollars recently using tax free labor, while simultaneously telling Dubs not to send their children to college and not to bother following James 1:26-27 and feeding the hungry as "charities" should do. I am sure all the " Local Needs " parts about needing more money are accidents as well.

I am also sure that they did not deliberately mislead the public in their FAQ section of JW.ORG. http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-new-jw-org-watchtowers-attempt-to-tame-the-internet

Again, Welcome!!!

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit