intel on warwick project

by stuckinamovement 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

The GB sounds like they are in a real hurry to get to Warwick, must be because of the underground bunker that they are building. Did I say bunker? Oh, I meant 750 space underground car park.

They've got so much land and they still want to go to all that trouble and expense of building an underground car park.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The tow of Warwick better understand who they're dealing with on the no preaching deal. I can picture the WTBS saying they won't organize preaching efforts in town - and then telling them that they can't stop members from talking about their beliefs. So the town will have a gazillion guys running around talking to people in stores or some goofy thing. Then some day we'll read about how Andre found the "truth" while waiting in line at the Starbucks in Warwick.

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

This is my theory: assets located in a rural area are more difficult to sell in case they are collected as a lawsuit payment; I mean they are not as “tempting” as property in the city for someone wanting to sue them. If they are foreseeing legal/financial troubles in the near future it seems as a good move.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Recently, In our area the Local Town Counsel had passed a Law forbidding anyone going from door to door including religious groups without a license. We (the Elders), called the Branch to ask for direction. They told us "for the time being, comply since you have plenty of other territory to cover. Wait a month, have 2 experienced Elders, make an effort to talk to some counsel members and explain our work, and the cases we have won defending our beliefs. Wait for a reply. If they reply negatively(they didn't), let them know the we would be prepared to fight them in court".

The law was adjusted to allow religious groups to go door to door without a license.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks for the info,SIAM.

Bangalore

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

....meanwhile (getting back on topic)

Perhaps the leadership is 'suddenly' realizing that using volunteer contractors and laborers poses real problems with a job of this magnitude. Without the pressure to meet deadline (in lieu of payment for services rendered), the contruction of the new universal headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses may get completed years later than a typical construction project.

If you've worked on a WT build or remodel, you know that lack of leadership, skilled know-how, scheduling delays, failed supply lines, material waste and general confusion within the labor staff during the whole process is common.

If they begin to do the math, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that building materials increase in cost every year. I'd say the projected budget has hit the ceiling and the accountants are beginning to sweat.

• Room 215
    Room 215

" They told us "for the time being, comply since you have plenty of other territory to cover. " ... WTF? Judge Rutherford and Knorr must be spinning in their graves....

What about the good ol' days when JWs were instructed to defy local ordinances en masse, to provoke mass arrests, publicity and set the stage for Hayden Covington to mount a legal challenge leading all the way to the US Supreme Court? Anyone remember the handy little booklet every JW kept in his bookbag during the 50s "Defending and Legally Establishing The Good News" ??

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    What about the good ol' days when JWs were instructed to defy local ordinances en masse, to provoke mass arrests,

--

WT has adopted new ways to create "persecution" for JWs.

Getting arrested for D to D preaching is old school.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'd say the projected budget has hit the ceiling and the accountants are beginning to sweat.

I worked in real estate accounting, commercial and multi-family with a lot of developement experience for 25 years. I've NEVER worked on a project that met the original budget or timeline. I can only imagine what unskilled volunteer labor does to that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Someone here once said "Old-school JWs were Watchtower warriors... JWs today are soft."

It's very true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit