intel on warwick project

by stuckinamovement 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Where is this article? Does it really exist? This a big deal IF it's true. Where is Jehovah's spirit? Why can't the brothers and sisters work faster? They are already sending bus-loads of extra volunteers to help work. What is going on here?! There is nothing wrong with hiring someone for a job of course, but why the deadline? Sounds like an epic fail for the GB. They are probably leaking this rumor to spur on the rank-and-file. Having no hope that a job will end makes people give up. 2017 can be a glimmer of hope for JW's. Watch the pioneering numbers skyrocket!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I don't get why they just don't move to Patterson or to the Farm?

WT stands to profit well over a $1 billion on the Brooklyn real estate liquidation.

Why not build a brand new facility? The GB is living it up.

Jehovah wants them to have a new country estate.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "If this information got out to the R&F it would cause a HUGE hullabaloo."

Nope, they'd either disbelieve it, or dismiss it as just good ol' "Theocratic Warfare".

As an aside, it is compelling (if circumstantial) evidence that the GB are fully aware that the D2D work is - for all intents and purposes - ineffective; after all, why else would they put it on the chopping block?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The 2017 date may be linked to the agreed-upon date to vacate a primary Brooklyn property used as a residence for Bethel staff. It was recently sold as part of a $375 mlillion deal:

"The 30-story hotel will remain occupied until a separate closing, scheduled for 2017, as Jehovah’s Witnesses workers are fully transitioned to a new campus in Orange County. The religious group purchased the hotel site in December 1986. The residential tower for 1,000 workers — with gorgeous views of the Manhattan skyline and the Statue of Liberty — was completed in 1995."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/witnesses_knocking_on_bldg_sale_DGtqYWmeP5QQBENSqrcoCN

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "The 2017 date may be linked to the agreed-upon date to vacate a primary Brooklyn property used as a residence for Bethel staff."

Now that definately makes sense.

"Get it up and running, or we're homeless!"

• undercover
    undercover

Vidiot: An earlier thread mentioned something about the GB (or their reps) meeting privately with the Warwick city council and effectively promising not to proselytize in the area in exchange for municipal approval on the complex.

Sir82: I'd also like to see any documentation of this.

I'd like to see some proof of this as well. The religious organization that went all the way to the Supreme Court to fight for the right to go door-to-door, to defend not saluting the flag, etc, etc, buckles under when a small podunk town's city council asks them to not preach in their town? uh uh. I don't buy it. Even though the WTS is as crooked as most town councils...and cheaper, I don't see them caving to that kind of pressure from a group of rubes. If you have constitutional rights to proselytize, why would you agree to give that up? That request could be challenged in court... and defeated.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    undercover - "That request could be challenged in court... and defeated."

Sure it would, if the WTS ever brought it to trial.

But since the D2D work is fundamentally ineffectual nowadays (and a smart lawyer could probably demonstrate so in court), why bother?

Here's an even better reason (like I said before), "Get it up and running, or we're homeless!"

• mind blown
    mind blown

Which property was it where it's contaminated due to toxic spill of ink? I don't think they'd want to use that property. Aren't they still being sued or having to pay out money for that issue as well?

They may want the Warwick deadline because it's costing them money to stay in Brooklyn, property tax, etc., anything left in Brooklyn.

Why would they give up door to door in Warwick? Because it's called Theocratic Warfare to get what they want. They are slimy.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    The religious organization that went all the way to the Supreme Court to fight for the right to go door-to-door, to defend not saluting the flag, etc, etc buckles under when a small podunk town's city council asks them to not preach in their town? ... I don't buy it

--

Why is this hard to believe? WT fights all the way to the Supreme Court for its religious freedoms- then denies those very freedoms to JWs within it's own organization.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's see that article. I call hearsay without it. As already mentioned, this would be huge for doubting dubs, even bigger than jw suicides or child molestors. Does it make sense to a normal person? No. If you were raised a dub, what is THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY TO SPEND YOUR TIME?! Feeding the homeless? Helping orphans? Saving baby seals? Helping your elderly neighbor around the house? Getting educated and helping to improve lives NOW? Nope, it's the preaching work. If presented with hard evidence that the GB agreed NOT to preach in order to get some land, every honest Jw would have to admit something was seriously wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit