intel on warwick project

by stuckinamovement 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Data-Dog - "If presented with hard evidence that the GB agreed NOT to preach in order to get some land, every honest JW would have to admit something was seriously wrong."

Maybe, but...

1) these days, how many JWs aren't suspicious of any "hard evidence" that refutes their worldview, no matter how reputable the source?

2) these days, how many JWs are truly honest (as in "honest with themselves")?

3) these days, how many JWs are brave enough to buck the whip and allow themselves the luxury of admitting something was seriously wrong?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    these days, how many JWs aren't suspicious of any "hard evidence" that refutes their worldview, no matter how reputable the source?

--

Exactly.

Look at all the "hard evidence" that was available for the Candace Conti case, the U.N. scandal, the 1975 failure and the NBC Dateline expose on the pedophilia issue.

All the evidence was categorically dismissed by the vast majority of JWs.

Look at what happened last year with the "Sparlock" video. When it was posted on Youtube after the first DC, to a person every JW who watched it said it was an apostate hoax, a fake, the WT would never make such a video. After they received their personal copy at the DC...deathly silence.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I want the info for my records IF it exists. If someone refuses to believe it, that is there business. I want to look into their eyes as I show it to them. I am trying to find any public records of Town meetings involving the Watchtower at the official Town of Warwick site.

http://www.townofwarwick.org/index.shtml So far, nothing. I am hitting dead ends.

• leaving_quietly
  • Londo111
    Londo111

True, all the evidence in the world won’t help most JWs. But it will help some who are either awakening or on the verge. Even if a person would awaken anyway, such evidence can help facilitate the process quicker. We can’t help awaken an entire organization of people, but we can help individuals.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Hey, DATA-DOG

I know the article exists. It was on my other laptop, which committed suicide (and therefore not worthy of a resurrection) a few months ago.

I'm trying to find it as well.

Interestingly, in my search I came across an article where WT had purchased land in Upstate NY and the local residence protested because of the lost tax revenue that would result. The Assessor decided not to grant WT tax-free exemption status and WT changed it's plans.

That being said, it is not unreasonable to speculate that WT would concede to not perform local preaching activity to avoid a repeat of that scenario with the Warwick project.

[edit] the town where this occurred is Ramapo, NY. Here's the link: http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw387.html

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "...After they received their personal copy at the DC...deathly silence."

Oh, yeah, you could hear the crickets chirping from as far away as Brooklyn.

This is weird, I feel like I'm having two different conversations with you at the same time...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Vidiot:

This is weird, I feel like I'm having two different conversations with you at the same time

--

You are having two different conversations with me at the same time.

You're not stalking me, are you? LOL.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AndDontCallMeShirley - "You're not stalking me, are you?"

Damn; you figured it out. Shouldn't have said anything. Stoopid.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Anyone know how many Bethelites are at HQ right now? I'm sure it will be reduced in the next few years as they move, I can see them making a deal with the town not to overrun the city with preaching, I mean where are they going to send all of these people for meetings and serve-us?

Its one thing to send them all over NYC, another if they are going to set up 20 congos in Warwick with no territory to work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit