Fed up with the way JWs treat those who can no longer believe

by hotspur 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• wordyword
    wordyword

I will do, thanks fella.

• larrycurry123
    larrycurry123

Hi. Does this mean you were disfellowshipped or just fell away? I understand your frustration but I cant offer a solution. I got disfellowshipped a few years ago and was reinstated quite quickly ( 6 months). I saw flaws in the process and I could have lied through my teeth and avoided it but I was not going to do that.

I did vow to myself that if I did get reinstated I would never take priviledges in the congregatin again. I am a brother and refuse to say prayers at meetings or take field ministry groups. I grew a beard and was told that I would not get any priviledges in the congregation if I kept it. My response was that maybe I had a beard because I dd not wish to be used.

I dont comment at meetings but I did once recently. A sister gave a comment that she had met a man in the ministry who was rude to her and threatened her. She prayed and found out a few days later that he had died and went on to mockingly cite how this was some form of poetic justice. I put my hand up and said that the sister needed to be reminded that Jesus died a painful death for that man and that Jehovah valued him just as much as she valued her. The study conducted shrugged and said thats not the subject of our discussion today. The sister does not speak to me now.

What I am trying to say is that Jehovah loves you like a child. Your parents may not treat you like that and god forbid that you or I would treat our children anything less than the way Jehovah would treat them.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wordyword, unfortunately there's not much you can do except read your bible and take comfort in Christ message. Jesus is the 'way the truth and the light' not some man made ORG. The JW religion denies people the kingdom because they say that only 144K can partake of the Emblems and the bible says in John chapter 6 that 'anyone' can and will receive life. You may say to your parents that you wish to come back but need him to help you regain your faith in the ORG. and that you hope he can help you with some of your doubts. Then put together some nice questions as well as some scriptures that blows up the ORG's thinking and ask away. Maybe in time you can put enough doubt that he will loosen up on you. While you're doing this remember to continue to show him what Jesus did and preached 'Love your enemies' maybe this will help too.

• wordyword
    wordyword

Hi Larry, thank you for your reply. I'm disfellowshipped. My ex wife cheated on me and I started smoking. I do know that this wasn't the right thing to do. Of course I do. But when your emotions are in shreds, you don't always act in a rational way. My parents knew my circumstances and because of my mams failing health, dad used to apply the "necessary family business" in my case. This all changed back in January, about the time a new watchtower came out which delt with disfellowshiping. Things have slowly went down hill since. Another thing I failed to mention in my last post, is that during my judicial comittiee meeting, I was genuinely sorry. I was disfellowshipped because I was using nicotine patches, even though I was using these to get off smoking.

You know, there are some things I can't easily eradicate from my thinking. There are MANY good, positive things that the witnesses teach. But over the last 10 years, I've noticed a pattern. The old school, nice, genuine "Dutch uncle", three square sheparding visits a year elders are dying off and being replaced with Ministerial training school zealots who are just not in the same league. Even governing body members, for example, Dan Sydlik and the like are dying and being replaced by what seems to be very controlling, business like people. Even the magazines, the whole style is "power point presentations" just printed out - bullet points and cliches over real meaty subjects of years ago. I understood that elders would visit a disfellowshipped person once a year, I take it this is no longer the case?

I don't think I can do what you suggest. I now feel quite scared to go back if the truth be known. I am concerned about my mother. I am really missing her.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well done Hotspur , sometimes it just has to be done , putting these jumped up pathetic, judgmental small minded idiots in their place.

• wordyword
    wordyword

Hi crazy guy, thanks for your comments. You see, my parents are fully committed. They are 82 and 83 respectively and have been witnesses for over 60 years. I don't want to destroy an old man and woman's faith. My mother said "your father is only trying to do what the society says, that we want you back" but how can I go back to something that I'm having doubts about? I may well be wrong. Very wrong. But blackmailing me is not the way to truly win over hearts and minds.

• wordyword
    wordyword

By the way, hotspur, your story is very upsetting. Very emotionally damaging. Take care m8.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The only thing I can think of now in both your cases is Jesus came, not for the righteous but for the sinners and not for the rich but for the poor. Who is anyone that can say 'You can not get into God's Kingdom because you smoke or some other reason thats not explicitly mentioned in Paul's tyrade in Thessalonianas about fonicators, idolitors etc. Who are we to Judge. Show your father Romans chapter 2 were it says that those who judge will get it back at them more.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey crazy guy and wordyword, this is someone elses thread!

• wordyword
    wordyword

Cantlleave: I appreciate that. I'm new here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit