A scary day in FS today

by InChristAlone 17 Replies latest jw friends

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Today, the JW who normally comes and his son visited my house. We were talking on the doorstep for about ten or fifteen minutes when the son began to to faint. I saw it coming, but I couldn't reach him before he fell backwards, hitting his head on the brick landscaping border. We called 911 and EMS came and took care of him. Many other JW's were quick to arrive on the scene, well before EMS (that's comforting...). I know the boy will be all right. I just wished I could have been two seconds faster in recognizing what was happening. Poor kid.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Was it hot? What time of day was it? Sounds like they needed a break. Of course breaks are frowned upon now.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

GB rules and regulation. In North America brothers must wear a tie d2d no matter how hot or "faint" you feel.

Poor little boy.

Poor indoctrinated people.

Just Lois

PS Did you know 40 years ago local sisters in West Africa went to assembly's, conventions, meetings and service topless?

It is a hot country and it was the custom.

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

It was a bit warm and humid, 11:15 am, but we were in the shade with a little breeze. He was also wearing a suit jacket. They had just come from a break at McDonald's. I think it was because he stood there for a while and probably locked his knees. I certainly hope he is okay.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Poor dude, hope he is ok.

Almost always went in serve-us without a jacket myself, always thought it was so ridiculous to show up at someone's door in a full suit.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Are we talking about a child or teenager, young adult, what age group was he in?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Yikes. So sorry to hear that happened. Same thing happened to me once as a kid of 11 or 12 out in service on a hot summer day. The adult brother was making a return call and they were talking for several minutes. I was standing there all proper with tie and short sleeved shirt. I began to sweat and to feel dizzy even though it was not terribly hot. I tried to steady myself and to pay attention to what was being said. No use. The car was close by, so I was able to walk back a few steps and lean back on the car or I would surely have fallen. I leaned back on the car all wobbly kneed until we could get back in the car.

Field service is not for kids.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

GB rules and regulation. In North America brothers must wear a tie d2d no matter how hot or "faint" you feel.

Not necessarily.. I did lots of FS in Mexico, none of us wore a tie. The only preachers who wear ties there are Mormons.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

sounds like heat exhaustion, no joking matter. are you in a hot humid area? bet good ol pops made him continue d2d.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I wonder if they're going to try to claim this on your homeowner's insurance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit