Introducing Myself

by DilloTrace 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! You are about where I was when I stopped service and meetings for a break that turned into a wonderful new life about 6 months ago. :)

glad to have you!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great intro DILLO. Welcome

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome DilloTrace. How have other JWs treated you since you became inactive in November of 2012? Welcome to a roller coaster of emotions courtesy of the WTBTS's BITE control techniques and how JWs may shun you.

If you have many JW relatives and friends, I hope that you post often on JWN to vent your frustrations so that you are not labeled an apostate by JWs who know you. Now is the time to make your plans to either fade; get a better education/training; learn to critically think for yourself; do more research of the WTBTS's history, changes in doctrines and how it uses BITE control techniques to victimize JWs; and/or be active enough not to be labeled an apostate.

I'm glad that you read Raymond Franz's "Crisis of Conscience". What did you like about it? You will probably discover more after reading it a 2nd or 3rd time as you peel away the layers of the WTBTS's BITE control like an onion.

If you would like to heal faster emotionally and psychologically, I would recommend that you also read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") and by visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com.

Best of wishes critically thinking for yourself and living a happy and wonderful life free of the WTBTS's BITE control and Shun Gun.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• SophieG
    SophieG

Welcome....DT. That rat race will drives you nuts!

• DilloTrace
    DilloTrace

First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I am truly touched by the love shown here. I will surely contribute as much as I can.

@billy the ex-bethelite: Lol!!! @problemmaddict@abiblestudent: that is interesting. However, now that I look back, I think that there were always teachings that really bothered me deep inside even when no one did anything to me. I think I just now found the courage to look into it though. I always questioned things internally, but very rarely brought it up to others in the Congo as we all know how they are when you outwardly question things. But, my situation is a little different because I moved out of state before becoming inactive, so no one at my old hall really knows that I am inactive. I was only at my new hall for a very brief time beforehand, so everyone there barely knew me enough to come after me. Then, I changed my number twice and moved locally again due to jobs...so I'm sure they're sitting there scratching their heads like WTH?? Where did she go? I'm sure they'd be after me right now if they knew me enough to do it or knew where I am. Some congos though, the elders really don't notice when people stop going or don't care. As far as family goes, they do not live close by, so they only know what I tell them...if ya catch my drift ;) @ giordano: okaaaay??? @paintedtoenail: yesss!!! I don't know how I did it for over 20 years! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. @lisarose: I felt the exact same way. I used to believe that Jehovah would help me with whatever didnt come natural (until he helped me to see this whole lifestyle isn't natural). I hated waking up so early on Saturdays after working all week just to get doors slammed in my face and listen to Witnesses repeat the same crap I heard at the meeting already that week as though they just uttered something brilliant (idiots). Then, if I had the morning meetings, I was waking up early everyday. Ha! That sucked so bad. I'm a lot more rested now!
  • Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome! Similar time frame for me and my fade. Also in sweltering heat and questioned for years the times wasted driving around knocking on empty doors in the intense humidity. That coming from someone who loved informal witnessing not too long ago.

Carpe Diem!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome to the board, we're glad to have you here! I can't believe all the 'Newbies' this week.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome DT

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Welcome Dillo!!!!

Yeah, nothing about the witness lifestyle was ever right for me either. Your not alone in that feeling!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit