What do you make of this? Got slapped with a shunning after...

by Julia Orwell 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Julia, most of my JW freinds unfriended on 2 November 2009, when I started saying "thank you" for birthday wishes. Life long "friends" offended by a greeting = Hmmmmmm

• designs
    designs

Unless you are a total supporter and do the Rah Rah dance any probing question is bound to be taken as an assault on the OTF (one true faith).

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Julia - I like what you have for education on Facebook, that made me laugh :)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What Billy said!

I love it, a "Bible-based" organization without any Bibles!!! hahahahahaha!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hey peeps, my birthday is in just over a week so I might just be able to lose the rest of the jws on my non apostate page.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

HAPPY PRE BIRTHDAY JULIA!!!!!!

Ex-JWs should get a whole month for their birthday to make up for all the ones we missed out on!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I haven't had a birthday since I was 17! Because I'm so not used to it, I'm not really going to do anything special. My mum will probably give me a card, but it's hard to make up to her what she's missed all these years, especially the big ones like 18th and 21st birthdays.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Birthdays mean so little to me too. But maybe try THIS on your mom on your birthday. Treat her like it is HER birthday on your birthday. Then we she asks what this is all about, tell her that you are making yup for missed birthdays and wanted her to be the first one to have some fun from it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

She'd love that! She was stunned to get Mother's Day presents this year and have us come round for lunch. I apologised for the years of neglect, and she said, "You don't need to apologise," like she doesn't remember her tears and frustration. She's the most forgiving person I've ever known. She has more forgiveness, generosity, charity and kindness in her little fingernail than the majority of JWs.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had a birthday a few days ago and got some very nice well wishes from this board.Your never too old to appreciate kindness.

P,S. check your messages. J.O.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit