Hi! I'm new here.

by abbasgreta 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Welcome!!!! So glad you're here. I bet you have some great stories to tell. I'm so glad your kids are out too. Aren't teenagers amazing?

• SeventhSojourn
    SeventhSojourn

Welcome Abbasgreta.

You have broken the WTS shackles. Freedom is yours! May you find much happiness and truth.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Greta, it is so nice to hear you were able to leave with your family together. Looking forward to hearing more of your story.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi from California!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Greta, thanks for your experience, it was enjoyable reading. Enjoy your freedom.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome Greta. Be ready to fly, after dropping the weights of the WT. The sky is the limit...

• smiddy
    smiddy

WELCOME

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Mornin' all! Beautiful here today in Notts, England - got to make the most of it. Wonderful comments, thanks so much. Just wanted to say don't worry that we "rushed" into "another religion" too soon. There was a lot of spaced out soul searching and prayer in that three month interim period. Without going on about it, we just knew where the Spirit was leading us. The first hymn we sang with the Church Band (all uner 20 - amazing!) was Amazing Grace. The words went to my heart. At the end and enjoying a warm (genuine) welcome from the Vicar, YES THE VICAR! on the walk home I was just enthusing. My younger daughter said "Don't get so emotional mum, THIS IS ALWAYS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN". What a staggering comment from a 16 year old born-in who was baptised at 14. We then enjoyed 6 months of one-to-one shepherding from the VICAR at THE VICARAGE (I still find it so hilarious!) who just blew our minds with his insight, calmness and overwhelming bible, I repeat BIBLE knowledge. I realised that jws are kept bible-ignorant on purpose because there are such gaping holes from Genesis to Revelation in the NWT.HUGE pieces of the puzzle missing. This deceit will not go unpunished, I really feel its the real meaning of "grieving the Spirit". I was a jw for 55 years and he showed us things, for example, from the Gospel of Matthew that I never, ever knew. He has been a tremendous teacher and so loving, I can't tell you, he is a real brother to me. He baptised all 4 of us in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (dunked 3 times) in a kiddie pool in the Church on January 6th last. I emerged a "new creation", nothing less, it was pivotal. We had all "unbaptised" ourselves in the family bathtub from that fake baptism to the org within 3 weeks of leaving. It was just a symbolic "washing us clean" but it changed us. Just one very interesting point. Within 2 DAYS of leaving the Borg, I had noticed something quite strange whilst praying and at other times of contact with God during the day. I decided to ask my two girls if they had experienced anything different, apart from the wanting to hug perfect strangers whilst out shopping etc. (We really honestly did that, we were so wildly estatic). They shifted about a bit and then Roxie, the eldest came out with it. "Yes, mum, I can't explain it, but when I pray I JUST CANNOT USE THE NAME JEHOVAH ANY MORE, ITS LIKE BLOCKED FROM MY MOUTH, I'm just saying God, Lord or Yahweh. The younger one had exactly the same thing to relate. And yes, you guessed it, that was my startling revelation too. Incredible isn't it? I send you all hugs and a big fat kiss you luvvies. Blessings, Greta.xxxxx (ps, Greta is my pet name that I want to use, its like a new identity, I'm actually called Ingrid). I'm not scared about any possible come-back from ANYONE, heck, our baptism made the local rag!)

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome

LITS

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Greta, I am not religious at all but my son is a cub scout and my daughter a guide. So since leaving I have been to our village church a few times and spoken to vicar on occasion. Our local vicar is a really nice guy, knowldge and gives listenable sermons, and I am sure the "shepherding" he gives would be much more helpful and sincere than that provided by JW elders.

BTW if you are interested we have a secret UK ex-jw group on Facebook.

Angus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit