Interesting quote from the DC

by GoodGuyGreg 31 Replies latest jw friends

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

In our area in Nottinghamshire, England, 90%ish of homes all have a sticker in the window or on the door which says" NO UNINVITED CALLERS" with like a no entry sign or similar (don't pay much attention to them now as I don't engage in cold-calling any more!) On one street (the KH street, which we as newbies in the cong (moved from another one) ALWAYS got the slip for, we were legitimately able to call on 2 houses out of perhaps 40 who did not display such a sign. I mentioned to an elder, look if they have this sign up we SHOULD NOT be knocking. He said, "Oh don't worry about that, we have been told(?) to knock anyway, and just disregard it".We never bothered these householders and just walked around looking at pretty gardens or whatever. Whilst pioneering NEVER went on Christmas day, Boxing Day etc. This was just a test to see who had the leeming mentality.One elder said on the platform "OOh, sometimes you get a mince pie and a sherry, and I ask them to put the Panda tract up with their Christmas cards". There were a few gasps and even...... not a few - shaking of heads. This was about 1998 tho.

• metatron
    metatron

This is an interesting topic. It tends to show why they can keep cutting magazines, literature, Branches and more.

Their dragnet 'ministry' is wildly ineffective. They need to drop all of it and go to single page tracts.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit