Why does god kill children?

by Comatose 269 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

That question has always conflicted with my beliefs... and it still does... Furthermore... When I started to fade and was reading the yellow Bible story book to my son it suddenly striked me: I was reading to my little son about death and destruction... at an early age... I could not continu doing that!

Also God himself states the following in Ezekiel: c The soul who sins shall die. d The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. e The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, f and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

This is quite the opposite of what is stated in exodus 20:6:

I punish children for their parents’ sins to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me. 6 But I show mercy to thousands of generations of those who love me and obey my commandments.

I do still not think that exodus should be taken literally though it has the looks of a contradiction

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Marked to refer back to anytime I might start feeling soft toward the god of the bible. I no longer believe there is such a being, but the guys who made him up and, (my apologies, Jews and Christians) the people who perpetuate the idea of him as a loving and just being, are just plain sick.

• Black Man
    Black Man

bttt!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

God DOESN'T kill children....that's why we know the Bible can't be 100% inspired of God! I mean, come on, get with the programme here....

• Simon
    Simon
    God DOESN'T kill children

True, but the people who invented god have his followers to do it.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Tragically that's very true Simon. And the Watchtower Society is a prime example.

• tec
    tec

that's why we know the Bible can't be 100% inspired of God!

Correct, and it is not all inspired of God.

Not everything that man attributes TO God, is actually of God. If we want to know God, then we need to look at the Image and Word He DID sent to us, and that is Christ.

DeWaandelar makes a good point at the top of this page, in regard to contradictions in the text itself. How does one know which is true? Look to Christ... look also to love. Christ is the Truth. And God is love.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Correct, and it is not all inspired of God.

Hump that Bible, Tammy. Tell us why is was totes cool Abraham abolished his own child and his slave mistress. Hump it and then deny it when it's time to tell us why it was cool to beat slaves!

• Comatose
    Comatose

You can't pick and choose which scriptures to regard as inspired. Convenient, but it doesn't work that way.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And God is love.

God apparently loved killing the shit out of everything. Good thing Tec is here to tell is when killing is cool and whatevers, at least according to the Jesus in her head that tells her what parts of Bible to hump and what evs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit