Why does god kill children?

by Comatose 269 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

If all those atrocities and "misinterpretations" were made some 4,000 years ago reading the same (then much more accurate book), why use the same, much more erroneous, book today?

great question, Yan.

Several here asked a couple of zealot fundamentalists posters this same question in regard to belief in Jesus:

How can they believe what the Bible says about Jesus when they repeatedly denounce the Bible as mostly unbelievable?

The answers showed they conveniently cherry-pick whatever they want to believe.

Logic does not factor into the equation.

• Comatose
    Comatose

You just need to open your heart and eyes to Jesus. When you hear his voice speaking to you then you will understand.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It's often crossed my mind that if the GB at some point told the watchtower followers that there is new light which shows that jw's will have to take up arms and have an active part in the GT or the big A, to go and kill those who 'refuse' to believe. I wonder how many would?

so, similarly, I'd like to ask Tec, if Jesus told you that you were to have an active part in carrying out his will that involved killing unbelievers, would you do it?

• Comatose
    Comatose

"Jesus could never say that. How many times must I say it. He is the Word. He is LOVE. It is not for ME to take action only my Lord can do that."

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've no idea how many times you must say it, I've only asked once and directed it to Tec.

And I find that a false statement, the fact that many so called Christians constantly try to drill into others just what they think Jesus is and how wrong everyone else is for not believing in an invisible being is taking action. It's not murder (although some may disagree) but its not leaving that action to your lord.

and since you answered, why not consider the question? 'If' that was the command, would you carry it out?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

LOL, comatose.

You've gone to the dark side. You can anticipate tec's answer.

iCeltic- you know comatose is being sarcastic, right?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Damn, no, it's ten to two in the morning, I'm lucky I can manage to type never mind read properly!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The funny thing is, iCeltic, comatose's anticipated response tec will give is spot on. It's too funny.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I genuinely want her to answer. I think there would be more than a few who would happily take a sword and go out doing 'the lords work'

i asked a jw that question and his answer was that the FDS would never ask them to do that. Not really an answer.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Comatose - I've looked back and read your posts again, I just read the last post and didn't link it to your earlier posts, overly tired tonight (that's my excuse)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit