Why does god kill children?

by Comatose 269 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

tec: not everything that man has attributed to God is truly from God... Christ is the Truth of God. The Image of God. The Word of God. Nothing, and no one else. And God does not change. Therefore God has always been as Christ shows Him to be

---

There's nothing Biblically that supports your view. Conveniently, you just dismiss the Bible as it suits you.

listening to Christ is even the conclusion of the bible. God said, listen to my Son.

You mean, the same Bible you dismiss ? Interesting. This is a circular argument of epic proprtions.

tec:

God said," listen to my son"
    but you don't listen to god! You attribute his words in the Bible to men, and therefore reject it.

So, you believe in Jesus, but the only book that tells you anything about Jesus you rationalize away at every turn.

Tec, I don't think you realize how silly you sound.

I mean, what does it mean to you when it is said that Christ is the Truth? Could you answer that question according to what it means to you?

It's irrelevant what I think. The Bible is the only book on earth that tells you Jesus is the Truth- but you think the Bible is so errant it's not really worth considering!

And, this goes back to an argument made early on in this topic- If you believe the Bible is errant, inaccurate and full of flawed human thinking, or outright fraud, yet the Bible is the only book that tells you anything about Jesus, how do you know your beliefs about Jesus are true? Or, are you calling "feelings" evidence?

You undermine the very foundation of your belief system!

• tec
    tec

The bible is not the foundation of my belief system. The bible just points to Christ, and it may tell us a something about Christ... but if we want to know Christ and so know truth, then we must go to Him. Like reading an article about a person, verses, going to the person themselves to know them. The first can give you an idea... and some things might be true, and some might not be accurate. The second will give you the actual, real person to KNOW, rather than just know about.

So Christ is the foundation fo my faith. The one I went TO... after learning about HIM... from the gospels and witnesses to Him. Then HE can teach me about anything else, since HE is the one who DOES know, even where men have made mistakes.

Peace... and really am out now. AS in on my way out the door to take the kids to see Despicable Me 2

Peace,

tammy

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

tec: I have just as hard a time understanding how people do not understand that we are to look at Christ, to see God... and nothing and no one else. I have a hard time understanding why people just don't do that.

--

The answer is very easy.

Because many Christians are very similar to you, Tammy.

They say a person must believe in Jesus and what he exemplified, but then you cast so much doubt and outright criticism on the very book that tells you about Jesus, that a person cannot put faith in the concept.

Incidentally, you've said many times here that god did not tell the Israelites to commit the atrocities they committed. I'd sure like to see those Biblical references, please.

Or are just going to reply that the texts that clearly show god gave the orders are not REALLY what god said?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Okay, the old "I'm so special Jesus talks to me personally" ploy. Right.

Jesus told Andrea Yates to kill her children.

You keep good company, Tammy.

And don't reply that Andrea Yates wasn't really listening to Jesus and the voices weren't real. You have no more basis for denying her claims as you do for supporting your own.

I'm not criticizing your right to believe what you want; If it makes you feel good, wonderful. Just don't be shocked when more rationale minds cannot buy into your convoluted reasoning.

tec:

The one I went TO... after learning about HIM... from the gospels and witnesses to Him.

I'm assuming these are the same gospels you said aren't even "scripture" and are less believable than the Old Testament? Interesting.

• Comatose
    Comatose

How do you think you know Jesus outside of the bible? This has turned larsesque.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    How do you think you know Jesus outside of the bible? This has turned larsesque.

--

Or, Jim Jones-esque and David Koresh-esque.

I'm terribly afraid of people who have personal "conversations" with god or Jesus...it generally doesn't turn out too well.

Muhammed talked to god, also. That's turned out really great so far.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ok so i haven't read any of this but......God kills children?

I thought that was yet to happen....en mass.

• tec
    tec

Gentlemen (and ladies?), it is so much more simple than you are making it out to be. Man likes to complicate things, refusing to believe the simplest of things. But in this case, it is so simple... like something hiding in plain sight.

Want to know God? Look at Christ.

So very simple.

Accept or don't accept as you choose... but do not be suprised that others know that your view of God is incorrect, because they are looking at the Living Image that God sent so we could know the Truth... while you are looking everywhere BUT at Him.

(As for Andrea Yates, or anyone like her... she might well have heard voices or even a voice tell her to kill her children... I don't know her story. But it was not the voice of my Lord. He does not tell anyone anything that is not from love, or truth. He certainly does not tell anyone to kill another person. Remember 'turn the other cheek'? Love your neighbor and your enemy? Golden rule? All of these things are love, and if there is one common knowledge among those who knew him in the flesh, as well as the spirit... that is love, mercy, forgiveness, faith.

Just because someone claims something comes from God, or even the Spirit... does not mean that it DOES. That is why we are told to TEST the inspired expression/spirit.)

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    it was not the voice of my Lord. He does not tell anyone anything that is not from love, or truth. He certainly does not tell anyone to kill another person

Abraham?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Usually I don't respond insane rabblings but I could not resist:

Just because someone claims something comes from God, or even the Spirit... does not mean that it DOES. That is why we are told to TEST the inspired expression/spirit.)

So Tec how are you testing your imagined voice of god in your head? I don't expect an intelligent reply just more gibberish that you use to confirm your wishful thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit