will a judicial comittee allow you to face your accusers

by label licker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow Frosty, that story is 100% JW. What a bunch of weasels.

Label, I suspect that the elders are going to try to question you in such a way that they'll have evidence AFTER the meeting, so they can start a JC.

"The goon said that a jc committee is a "fact finding mission" to see if the alligations are true."

I think I'd start my own "fact finding mission" to find out who has leveled these charges. I'd start by asking any of the JWs that I still talk to if they spoke to the elders about these 3 specific charges.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Shepherding The Flock 2010 Chapt 5

"37. Even though a Christian has been accused of wrongdoing serious enough to require judicial action, a judicial comittee should not be formed unless the wrongdoing has been established. What kind of evidence is acceptable?........................................................

There must be two or three eyewitnesses, not just people repeating hearsay; no action can be taken if there is only one witness.-

39. If the accused denies the accusation, the investigating elders should try to arrange a meeting with him and the accuser together..................

..............If the accuser or the accused is unwilling to meet with the elders or if the accused continues to deny the accusation of a single witness and the wrongdoing is not established, the elders will leave matters in Jehovah's hands."

Seems clear enough to me.........

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Be strong label licker. Record every conversation with the elders if you can, to protect yourself. You can play the game your way- they do not have any real power over you.

• label licker
    label licker

Thanks everyone. We'll let you know what happens next. Since I can't reveal here what we're doing next in case one of the goons are watching we will give you the info another time.

And yes everything has been monitored for our safety. They have us up for malicous gossip from along time ago but has just surfaced now and apostacy. They said since we don't want to go to the meetings as well as out in service than they will consider us dissassociated and we said no we're not going down as that. They said we had better show up for our meeting but then didn't tell us the rest that if we don't we'll be df'd in absentia. All three of these goon still live with or off their parents with not a carefreee in the world. Just out to destroy lives. What do you expect with no education still sucking off the teat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think of wolves and how they run in packs and this is no different. He said the co told the elders to talk to us but that co does not know we had no shepherding calls at all after we left. I can bet my life on it. So they go ahead with a jc. This confirms what they have thought of us all along and they call themselves christians. Breaks my heart.

Please, please if you have anymore help to give we would appreciate it. Take care

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'd call the CO for direction .

AND/OR

I'd start some rumors about all those elders to make sure they have something current to talk to me about. Then I'd show up at the JC and inform them that I've DFd them in absentia for laziness and jerkitude.

AND/OR

I'd send letters to the branch asking for direction on how to answer certain questions... then I'd sign those brothers names to the "apostate" letters.

• Scully
    Scully

Bring a lawyer who is interested in these defamatory allegations against you. Watch them crap their pants.

• label licker
    label licker

CO and then Bethel

• TOTH
    TOTH

Once when I was living with roommates a woman in the congregation went to the elders. Not me, not my parents, the elders about her suspicions about me smoking cigarettes. The elders went to my PARENTS with whom I no longer resided. My parents told me about a meeting they had with the elders and the sister and her husband that I was also invited to go to.

We all showed up and the accusation came out. They asked the sister to say her piece and she hemmed and hawed through it all. She finally admitted to never SEEING me smoke. She simply "FELT" like I smoked. So my mom asked her WHY she was FEELING me! LOL

I WAS smoking...But since I stone walled them and their witness was vague about her feeling, nothing happened. What a joke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit