I feel like I'm prejudiced sometimes...

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hello Cognac:

Just remember they put their pants on the same way we do. Their blood is the same color as ours. Theres not much difference they are human like you and me.

Adventurousone

• HarryMac
    HarryMac
    smiddy - I`m a whitey and I`m offended .

That makes two of us.

I honestly think that you need some professional help well beyond the scope of this forum. Do us all a favour and get it.

EDIT: Unless, this is some weird sense of humour thing(?)... then I'm just conflicted, lol.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I feel like I'm prejudiced sometimes...
    And it makes me sick. I mean, I watch this big, black woman on YouTube sing with this incredible voice and all I think is sadness cause I feel like she abuses her kids. :(

That's so awful. Why is that my first instinct and how do I get rid of it??? I feel so ashamed... :(

Does anyone else get like that or am I just a terrible person???

I'm experiencing a tug between surprise and dismay, because...

- In reading your posts all this time, I had somehow pictured you as a Black woman! [I don't know precisely how I subconsciously arrived at that imagination of you; the faceless internet is a funny thing! Something about 'tone' or 'voice' of your posts, I suppose.]

and

- Now that you've outed yourself as non-Black (presumedly, anyway. Unless you are a Black person who holds a prejudice against other Blacks. I guess it could happen.), that is just so random!

[BTW, this is not a put-down. I am just... amused.]

• Fernando
    Fernando

It sounds to me as if you are on the right road!

This may just be a product of a religious past where a supremacist cult identity was imposed - part of the baggage we all are slowly getting rid of.

It is great you are aware of and dislike this type of thinking.

Plus you are open, frank and honest (not hypocritical - pretending you are something you are not).

Thank God you are not struggling with "militant ignorance" or "malignant self-righteousness" (evil) like the "ruling religious clergy class".

Healing is a journey and a process - not a destination.

A good Psychologist (not Psychiatrist) might also ease the change.

Fellowship with non-religious persons of faith could also help.

Greetings

Fernando

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah I'm black and I think everyone has a degree of prejudice in them. No one is exempt from it. Of course the watchtower teaches that 'everyone is the same, and that Jehovahs Witnesses are all the same.' Thats a bunch of BS.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I watch this big, black woman on YouTube sing with this incredible voice and all I think is sadness cause I feel like she abuses her kids. :(

My question is why do you think you feel that way? And I want to be clear I am in no way staging an attack, I'm just curious.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I don't actually get it. How do you know she abuses her kids?? I mean is she in the news or something?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe she's been told all big black women abuse their kids?

And let me say C I don't believe you're really a tried and true racist. You had a thought, realized it wasnt really logical, and are now ashamed about it. You're normal and you acknowledged that it doesn't make sense. Don't let it eat you up.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Jonesie you edited!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm not mad about it Beks even though I am a big black woman (not much of a singer) who has kids. And no I don't abuse them.

Damn skippy, trust I'm not the only one. I've seen a few edits that I'm still surprised by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit