I feel like I'm prejudiced sometimes...

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Heehee

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am white, southernAmerican. My mother would jave whooped.my arse over.any kind of racial predjudiced behavior or thinking. Still, I dont.care.who you are,.youre going to fight being judgmental and smug. Postiing from my tiny phone screen, please dont judge me for faulty punctuation.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

There must be a reason you feel this way. Acknowledging your feelings is admirable. Now you need to explore why you feel this way. I usually comes from something in childhood. Were your parents predjudice in any way? Did you see something a young age that traumatized you.

I remember one assembly my sister and I saw a large black woman beating her kid in the bathroom. I don't mean a few swats on the butt either. This lady was out of control. Someone reported her, rightfully so. It was very sad. We were older but I imagine if we were young it could have left a lasting impression. Other than the impression that that woman was crazy.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

You might also feel that way due to the medias portrayal of people. There are also long standing stereotypes of certain groups of people that persist in the minds of alot of people as well. If you realize that this is an issue for you, and you really want to get rid of that view then work on it. I would also suggest some professional help.

Wish you the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit