How to act crazy enough not to have to go in FS or to meetings but not crazy enough to get committed to a mental health facility

by hoser 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I was thinking if I acted a little off but not too far off the elders would tell me I'm not welcome in the door to door work. I wonder if this would work. There is a watchtower or awake article somewhere saying that a mentally ill person may be excused from the meetings and field service if his illness affected others

I wonder what I would have to do to not take it too far

• cantleave
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

All the genuinely mentally ill people in my old hall used to go in service. They were often the main supporters of the midweek service arrangements. Often they worked together. They placed a lot of magazines.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Elders love to assist those who are unstable, fragile, depressed, dispondent and lonely.

Why put a 'target' on your back? Do you really need the attention?

Find something positive to do with your time. Enroll in a college or university, spend time in a library, get physically active....do something that will help you grow as a person and benefit your life!

• jgnat
    jgnat

There is far too much mental illness in my family to even consider using this as a pretence. That's my bias.

Might depression or apathy be easier to pull off?

• hoser
    hoser

you may be right jgnat

• James Brown
    James Brown

If you don't want to go in service, don't go in service.

They don't disfellowship you for that.

If you don't want to go to meetings don't go to meetings.

• James Brown
    James Brown

If you want to act a little crazy, a tin foil hat is effective.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

--- begin imaginary TV commercial ---

"...I strongly suggest you investigate the advantages offered by Tourette's syndrome.

How much would you enjoy blurting out "FUCKING BULLSHIT!" during thr prater to open the meeting?

Imagine "the freedom of the sons of God" you would enjoy by not having any control over your internal censor? Would you like to say "LIAR!" when the most reverend Circuit Servant verbally abuses the flock? Tourette's syndrome offers you all this and MORE...

Prepare yourself. Look up Tourette's syndrome and get to know what it does and how YOU can claim to have been "diagnosed" with it. Elders never ask for a medical reference, because they are guided by Jehovah's Magic Spirit. Invite the Reverend Elders to your home and pepper then with obscenities while they attempt to exorcise you. Drop your voice to a deep demonic growl and watch them run from your home!

Yes, Tourette's can offer you a BETTER TOMORROW! Ask your doctor to diagnose you with Tourette's."

--- end of imaginary TV commercial ---

• not bitter
    not bitter

Nathan - thats hilarious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit