Where are all the new members?

by Captain Obvious 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

When I signed up, I wasn't accepted for a few days and I felt rejected. I think I tried 3 times in a couple of days.

I wasn't a lurker . I didn't even know what that name was about.

I wanted to post about what I had found out about what a crook "Judge" Rutherford was. I didn't think anyone knew. I thought if anyone knew, they would have told me, shared with me. No one did.

It was the middle of August. Is it the "Mods" that accept you? Maybe the timing was bad and everyone was away on vacation.

I don't know if everyone is/was as persistent as me in wanting to sign up and post.

I don't know if new people tried to sign up once, were not accepted and kept on walking, possibly to some where else. i do not know. I only know my experience, and not being accepted the first time, really ticked me off.

Just Lois

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

I am a newerish member... I mostly lurk instead of post though... I come on here everyday to read the posts, , love this site!

• Simon
    Simon

I'm the one that presses the approve button ... I've been trying to do it more regularly so people aren't kept waiting. Soon people will be able to enjoy immediate sign-up by using facebook, google or whatever instead of needing their email confirmed.

This site will always be here to help people leaving however many there are at a time - they are all individuals but we share a common experience and that allows us to help each other. I know we've had as much help as any from the people who've passed through here over the years.

• integ
    integ

If what has been going on wasn't enough beforehand I don't see anything from the DC that will push anybody over the edge.

Am I missing something?

• bigmac
    bigmac

@Lois---it took a few days before my membership was approved--in fact-- registered again in another name as i thought there was a glitch in the system.

ive met a number of ex's who just want to forget their past--they have no interest in sites like this. i wonder how many ex-j's there are--? could be millions.....

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Also, we are all Internet savvy. The demographics for people my age and up, as far as having a computer and using it, possibly, are not that great. But, people who have been cruelly lied to for over one half a century, if they are not Internet savvy, where are they going to get information and support and a place where they can let their hair down and feel among Friends?

If shook up JW's don't have the Internet, where or what do they do?

I have no idea.

Therapists can't help. The ones I have talked to, in the past few years, cannot help me, doctrinally of course, at all.

When I talk to them about sexual abuse, the standard answer is, it is in all religions. Get in line.

Just Lois

• steve2
    steve2

The OP makes it seem like the organization has suddenly become ridiculous which will lead to a greater number of witnesses seeing just how ridiculous it all is. Trouble is, the organization has always been ridiculous - and no where more so than in its self-serving interpretations of its unique role in the "Divine" plan. Most witnesses are so good at swallowing crazy interpretations, that the new "slants" in the Watchtower study will change little, if anything in the congregations. That said, it's good to see a steady stream of new posters on this forum. It's worth estimating that, for every new poster, there must be several more who are awakening from sleep - but perhaps don't progress (yet) to the point of actively investigating just how ridiculous the organization actually is.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I am a new member and did "lurk" for a few weeks as I browsed the different topics available on the site. I have to say I never felt awakened as much as I felt b#%$h slapped when I heard/read about sex abuse in the organization.

Captain the truth is that there must be tons of people still inside who feel disconcerted and disconnected but fear keeps them from acting on any doubt or suspicion that arises. They, like many of us did at one time or another, believe that this is God's chosen channel with mankind and if they leave well then they're boned.

Fear will always be the best way to keep people in check.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I 'lurked' for two years. Last year's Candace Conti abuse (coverup) trial in California and it's judgement against the Watchtower Society caused me to join. 18 million dollars...wow!

The section that is for Members Only - private discussion - contains more personal and detailed insights about what is happening in the congregations and the organization worldwide.

I needed to know more to help me deal with the unraveling of my personal faith and trust in the Org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit