Where are all the new members?

by Captain Obvious 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

With the changes in doctrine being fully unveiled at the DC this year, I expected many to wake up. The DCs have been going on for a month now, I fully expected to be welcoming new members by now! Am I just being impatient? Or should we hold out for the 7/15 WT to be studied?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Most people lurk before they join

• wasblind
    wasblind

If it's a mass exodus you wait for. You set yourself up for a disappointment

People are awaked in thier own time, what might wake one up

May not work for the other.

But it's good to know that when they do rise from thier slumber

there are sites like this to help them along

• whathappened
    whathappened

Sometimes it takes a while for the BS to sink in. When they changed the generation teaching, it didn't register with our family right away that the truth is, the GB is making this religion up as they go. New doctrine is used to explain away why things didn't turn out the way they said it would. When you lie, you just have to make up new lies to cover yourselves. The GB is stuck in a huge, huge web of lies and there is no way out for them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS:

Many people do lurk for a time before getting up the courage to finally post.

We have had quite a few newbies in recent months but haven't heard much after a few posts. Sometimes when people leave the religion there is so much chaos and things to attend to and catch up on (like making a living) that they don't have the time to post here or anywhere else.

Some say what they have to say and then move on. They want to LEAVE all things JW behind them!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

How many people lurked here from months or even years before finally working up the courage to post?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Longhairgal Even the ones still in

" Every shut eye ain't sleep "

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

I woke up bc of the new doctrine and am still around. I haven't been posting much bc I'm trying to deal with the chaos of my entire life unravelling before my eyes. Our DC is coming up soon and the prospect is just sending me into a tailspin. No one else seems to care much about the changes- they usually don't know about it and when I tell them, they just say "huh.". My entire world view has changed and all they say is "huh."

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

There isn't any new light at the district convention this year... The 7/15 WT studied in time for the centennial 2014 service year should be interesting though. I look forward to seeing the new members joining around October / November.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

we are out here...waiting...thinking...and wondering. so many changes from gb re generation..1914....calling those who think mentally diseased...etc....we are wondering where god is in all this...yep. many witnesses I know are in turmoil as they struggle to make sense of I it all as years and years slip by.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit