Where are all the new members?

by Captain Obvious 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Well westiebilly, hopefully you can help those that you know to sort things out and see the truth. Personally it wasn't a certain changing doctrine that did it for me, it was events in my life combined with having the time and taking the chance to really look deeply into the Borg.

My OP was mostly asking if it is the DC program, or the WT study that will awaken more. I hope there are many reading this board right now lurking, thinking.

Come on, introduce yourselves! Your real life awaits.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

It will interesting to see if there is an increase after the study, or if it is a months long lag. I notice so many say the doubts were planted in various ways, but had to brew a while before they finally took the plunge and began doing real researching...the beginning of the end of the mind control.

• just Ron
    just Ron

wait untill December thats when it will all sink in.

• prologos
    prologos

Yeah, october last year was the time the news broke and for the alert studious types, for others it might come

after the nonsense study nonsense.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its summertime, (at least in US and Europe).

Just a half assed guess based on spending too much time on this board, JW life ain't quite as bad in the summer. I mean other than the DC there are usually vacations, BBQs, less service (too hot), and general slacking off. More time with the kids because they are out of school.

I mean it really was the one period during the year where you could get away with missing more meetings because you had to do yardwork, go somewhere, pretty much anything to avoid JW life.

Once summer is over (and they eat that excrement sandwich disguised as the July 15 WT) you will see them here.

• oppostate
    oppostate

The ones I've spoken to don't have a problem with the FDS change.

One of them said straight out "Well, that makes more sense, doesn't it?"

I don't expect much of an exodus at all. I do hope I'm wrong, though.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's summer. I hope people are out at the lake or otherwise entertaining themselves outdoors.

Simon, you are excused as I know you are still cleaning up from that freakish flood. Do you wear galoshes to get to work?

• Tech49
    Tech49

I lurked for a year before summoning the courage to post amongst you mentally-diseased folk!

I am not an uber-poster, I post on topics that strike a cord, or that I feel I can contribute to. Dont ever think for a minute that things are quiet out here in cyberspace. People just like me are watching........... learning.............. taking it all in, figuring out what to do with it all.

When they are ready, they will chime in.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Apparently their are dozens of sites for ex JW`s it may take some searching to find this excellent site.,also ,many who leave have no desire to get involved with anything to do with witnesses or anti witnesses discussion boards .In my immediate family,and close relatives who were JW`s ,I am the only one who is involved with this site.That means their are at least twelve others who have left and see no need to become involved.And thats just with one family.So coming here is not a good indication of the exodus from the organization.

smiddy

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

An exodus is something that I'm not holding my breath for, but ridiculous doctrinal changes like this sure help!

Looking forward to welcoming hopefully at least a wave of new people to argue with chat with

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit