Design or Non-Design, finally we know, Darwin's Doubt

by QC 371 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

QC:

How is it that the human body instantly has this gorgeous sophisticated physiologic G-suit mechanism (i.e. tolerate up to 3–5 g’s, ever since man began to fly, in 1903), no time for “natural selection” piecemeal antecedents (gradualism predicted by Evolution)?

Proving environmental pressure did not craft this G-suit capacity. It's design by a genius.

1) A person from ancient rome could tolerate acceleration just as well as a modern person, I got no idea what gave you the idea this was not the case. My money is on stupidity.

2) talking about stupidity, you know gravity is the same as acceleration right? I mean, come on, the formal equivalence at least has been known since the days of newton. If man could not handle more than 1G of acceleration on the bone structure, joints and soft part man would not be able to jump or run because those activities put our body at more than a 1G stress all the time.

I didnt know they made stupid like this anymore..

• QC
    QC

In straight and level flight lift (L) equals weight (W). In a banked turn of 60°, lift equals double the weight (L=2W). The pilot experiences 2g and a doubled weight. The steeper the bank, the greater the g-forces.

bohm,

For about 100 years, G-forces (3-5 g's) have been impacting the human anatomy for the first time, as airplanes negotiate the airspace enveloping Earth (up to 35-40,000 ft.).

Evolution is not even in this conversation. 100 years is no time for it to do its thing. Throw in 6,000 or 50,000 years, still no time.

But voila! No problem, a DESIGNER anticipating man would fly one day, inoculates him to withstand the G-force rigors from steep banking airplanes.

• The steeper the bank, the greater the g-forces.

Now do you get it?

Thanks for being the helpful antagonist (devil’s advocate) straight-man.

• cofty
    cofty

For about 100 years, G-forces (3-5 g's) have been impacting the human anatomy

For about 200 000 years humans have endured these same forces running and jumping and falling off things, trying to catch dinner or avoid becoming dinner.

Our primate ancestors have been doing the same for millions of years.

This is the silliest argument for creationism since "Banana Man".

• Captain Obvious
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Through recent painful experience, I found out that bones can take a terrific amount of force before breaking. Ribs will crack at 3,300 newtons of force. Now tell me, where would our primitive ancestors come up against such terrifying forces?

• cofty
    cofty

Falling out trees.

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL. I was thinking more along the lines of Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump. I was hoping to coax QC to rub a few brain cells together, without resorting to a cut-and-paste.

• cofty
    cofty

I was hoping to coax QC to rub a few brain cells together

That is like asking a turtle to thread a needle. He just doesn't have the equipment.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I disagree as to the cause. It takes a great deal of willful energy to refuse consideration of new ideas. I'm betting QC's brain lights up like a Christmas tree when presented with a novel problem.

• prologos
    prologos

I remember a line from a Jimmy Steward movie:"-- if the lord would have meant us to fly, he would have made our bones as hollow as our heads.--" and

dont insult la belle provence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit