A cult of Sociopaths undergoing a makeover

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Cult members are Property.

Living property consisting of non-persons and non-individuals with disabled self-expression.

The tool used by this religion to control a member's desire to self-improve is attaching GUILT as a STOP-SIGN and crying: "Disloyal."

Like any owned property, you are under the total control of others. Any wrong move, word or deed can label you a "danger" to the group-think.

There exists in such an Authority Structure only three possible stats you can achieve.

1.Compliant usefulness in carrying out assigned missions. (slave status)

2.Danger/Threat (under suspicion of free will acts of self-expression)

3. Enemy (Heretic, Apostate, Evil Slave who must be denied, decried, destroyed and labelled for others to avoid and abuse.)

In summary: Where no SELF is allowed there can be no SELF-EXPRESSION permitted.

Self-expression such as?

1.Growing a beard

2.Masturbating

3.Sexual preferences

4.Volunteer work

5.Voting

6.higher Education

7.Elective life-saving measures

8.Further in-depth research outside of the Society's publications

9. Informed Opinions

10.Philosophy

All the above are THOUGHT crimes because they are demonstrative of an INDIVIDUAL expressing a SELF.

What, then, does the Watchtower build humans into becoming if NOT individuals?

The Watchtower Society fosters the creation of SOCIOPATHS!

What a stunning thought!

I don't mean serial killers. I mean people who have no empathy for others because they have no empathy for self.

It makes a JW capable of feeling nothing for "goats" when they suffer calamity.

It makes a JW eager for the destruction of all the human race except for Governing Body approved survivors.

If you cross the line and challenge the authority of the Watchtower Society to interpret all truth you will watch with horror

as your former friends, loved ones, "brothers and sisters" and family turn a cold, hard stare toward you and cut you dead!

This is what you might expect from a SOCIOPATH.

Wow.

Aggressive narcissism

Glibness/superficial charm

Grandiose sense of self-worth

Pathological lying

Cunning/manipulative

Lack of remorse or guilt

Emotionally shallow

Callous/lack of empathy

Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

JW's are like hockey fans.

The paint their faces in JW colors and assume the identity of GROUP.

Fandom

is a more accurate word than loyalty when describing the fanaticism of publisher praise of the corporate Mother they embrace.

The Governing Body is Big Brother. You must love him.

Reading a Watchtower description of the worldwide "brotherhood" reads like George Orwell's 1984.

JW's are encouraged to feel like they have true love among themselves.

What a slap in the face they get should they ever experience actual PERSONAL problems and expect sympathy or aid.

Immediately they are labelled as "spiritually weak" and made to feel something is wrong with them personally.

The HELP you get is being told to snap out of it through prayer and extra field service!

Once you experience the shallowness of the reservoir of "love among themselves" it is easy

to begin questioning everything else. This is always the beginning of doubt.

Once the Makeover to Cult thinking meets everyday reality the mask slips and a true glimpse starts the awakening to the horror and unreality.

The rest is a decompression process like a deep sea diver slowly coming up from the depths to the surface!

The only way to "enjoy" the Makeover the Watchtower Cult gives you is to remain blind and brain dead.

It is a TEAM identity and sense of self is really COLLECTIVE-SELF (which is no self at all.)

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Good read as usual. One slight thing is mustaches are allowed.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Good read as usual. One slight thing is mustaches are allowed.

Amazing. Will ownership of a Ferrari be allowed next?

• jw07
    jw07

@?evrything: I've been talked to 'gently', over and over about my mustache. "It could stumble others."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Aggressive narcissism

Glibness/superficial charm

Grandiose sense of self-worth

Pathological lying

Cunning/manipulative

Lack of remorse or guilt

Emotionally shallow

Callous/lack of empathy

Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

You've met my mother, haven't you?

• Terry
    Terry

Back when my former best (JW) friend was still secretly talking to me, he mentioned this other JW we had both known for years.

My JW buddy commented that brother J.P. was a pain in the ass and even insisted on growing a moustache!

He told me brothers who insist on maintaining a moustache are not given speaking parts or Elder's positions because they

are "running ahead" of the Society!

I don't know how true that may be now-but, it would not surprise me!

CONTROL FREAKS running a tight ship.

No individuality is permitted for very long!

• Shador
    Shador

Mustaches must be a variable thing. Several in my cong have them (myself included), including some MSs and Elders.

Could depend on the style, too. Extremes like a Charlie Chaplin or a big ol' handlebar might get you a talking to.

• Terry
    Terry

Mustaches must be a variable thing. Several in my cong have them (myself included), including some MSs and Elders.

South Carolina: southern tradition!

The silly explanation given for the oppressive facial hair restrictions is that it prevents the JW from looking like a minister.

Hahahahaha. What is more important? Graduating from an accredited Seminary with studies in language, higher criticism, hermeneutics, etc. or simply shaving off whiskers and making up stuff while flipping through a NWT??

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

You hit a couple of points I totally agree with. The WT does foster the creation of socialpaths. Empathy or lack of it is one of the big traits the cult shows. This is what my wife and I experience while in the cult. We took care of a dear friend who had MS. He lived in our house for 15 years until he died. At his funeral only one person came up to us and told us how sorry he felt for our lost. The rest of them didn't even come up to us after the service and said anything to us except a few in the back of the hall told us "Will I guess you can get out in service more and be at meeting and now you won't miss the DC this summer." This was the finally brick in the wall that affirm to us this was a cult. Not one of them understood that we lost a dear friend one who called us mom and dad. That's how close we were. Your other point about how they feel and they are the only ones that show love. That's a bunch of bull crap. Only if you worship the GB will they show you any so called love. They are truly blind and brain dead and very very emotionally shallow. The WT has develope a true class of socialpaths. All ready to praise the corporate mother they embrace. Good one Terry. Totally ADD

• Shador
    Shador
    The silly explanation given for the oppressive facial hair restrictions is that it prevents the JW from looking like a minister.

The truth, of course, is that they just want their drones looking as "normal" as possible, so as to distrubte the most books.

I read, I believe it was on here, that brothers in some scandanvian country were allowed beards, as people considered beardless men effeminate.

Then, in my most recent pioussneer school, the brother was telling us how the way we do things in the US isn't universal (something to do with preconcieved notions and prejudices) - and mentioned that brothers among some native tribe or other were allowed long hair (even to the waist!), as among that tribe, cutting the hair meant that one had disgraced the tribe, and no one would talk to them.

Obviously, the WTBT$ will do whatever it takes to keep the $$$ rolling in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit