Do Jehovah's Witnesses REALLY believe that their worldly friends, relatives and small children will be slain in the street by god?

by jambon1 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I mean, it's so utterly ****ed up, it's unbelievable.

Just think about the nitty gritty of it:

People that they love & care for who don't share their religion deserve to be killed, left without a grave & eaten by wild animals. One day, this will happen & they'll be surrounded by billion upon billion of decaying, rotting corpses. Those slain by god will deserve such a death & shall not be mourned. And for what reason? The sin of another person. Passed on through generations.

Little children deserve to gasp for breath as god 'lovingly' removes their life force. And for what? Sin. They sinned.

The Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs are utterly insane, cruel, unloving & removed from the wishes & desires of 99% of humanity.

They're welcome to each other. They're welcome to the depression. They're welcome to their heavy hearts for shunning people. They're welcome to the gossiping & judgemental atmosphere that permeates their group of 'friends'.

Despicable.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a JW I hope they'd either convert to the cult of that Jar Hoover would be merciful and know they had a good heart.

If sky daddy did murder them lovingly then he'd wipe out the memory and tears from those survivors.

Seems the J man is just as much into mind control as the GB!

• designs
    designs

The pictures of Armageddon in the old Paradise Lost book and the Revelation Grand Climax book tells the JWs what to expect and believe about the Big A.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a CO's wife telling us in field service, that we would not even feel sorry for them because just before their destruction they would have tried to destroy Jehovah's people. So how could a babe in arms have tried to kill me?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I think less JWs feel that way, however several months ago I was out in field service with a couple and I actually heard them playing the "I think I want that house after armageddon" game so the feelings you mentioned are unfortunately alive and well to some.

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

My cult mind would always put up a mental roadblock on that one. There were so many thought paths I didn't allow myself to go down.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Nah. The "destruction of the wicked" at armageddon is a vague, compartmentalized, fantasy belief that most JWs don't think about in real-world terms. The ones that do, and still look forward to it, are the real sickos.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I think that there may be a kind of disconnection between what the average witness reads in the Bible/Watchtower and the physical reality and emotions of life.. How many Jw's have watched even a totally fictional disaster movie and thought 'Wow, I can't wait for Armageddon to happen, look at all those people faint out of fear and screaming as they are all killed by an unstoppable force'... Hopefully none. Yet they pray for and even sing about the real thing, and on a far larger scale.

• Watkins
    Watkins

I didn't believe it. Like JeffJ said - there were certain thoughts I just didn't, couldn't, give substance enough to believe. I never viewed God as unmerciful or unjust.

When I said that to my then BIL, who loved to debate the jws who came to his door - he said he'd never heard ANY jw say that - they all said unless he was a jw at Armageddon, he was bird food. I said, and still say - God knows hearts, I don't. Let Him be the judge - let Jesus be the judge - not me.

I have a feeling that MANY don't really believe it, but it's the party line they must push to get converts - otherwise who would EVER become a jw?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think that many do, at least on some level. I don't think they fully understand or accept the reality of what such a mass slaughter of people would actually involve. The Watchtower does have depictions of this in the magazine's and even the Bible Stories book book written for children. I think if you see this often enough you become indifferent to it, like we do violence on television. By the time a born in grows up, they have seen it so many times they just accept it without fully understanding how horrific it would actually be. This is really cult mind control 101, they demonize "worldly people", so they are considered less human or deserving of life, then condition the sheep so the murder of them seems fine, even beneficial.

It is only when you get away from the constant indoctrination that you realize how crazy that is. I remember one line of thinking from when I was first in. They compared God to a landlord and mankind to tenants. If the tenants of a rental house are destroying the house, the landlord is within his rights to kick them out. Mankind is destroying the earth, so it's only to expected that God would evict his bad tenants. At the time I thought that reasoning was perfectly logical. Now it seems like the ravings of a lunatic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit