The Bad Science Scandal - Research Fact Fabrication - UK News article.

by *lost* 73 Replies latest social current

• *lost*
    *lost*

well on a basic level, farming, agriculture and animal husbandry. nature is very finely tuned, and every organism does do/privides a funtion.

Everything is connected.

What breaks down animal poo? insects, slugs eat dog poo, dog poo is a hazard, over in the UK now, they have a huge problem with dog poo, disposal.

you cannot compost it, you cannot put it on food crops.

So, herbivore eats the foliage, and poops, insects eat/break down poop, poop, feeds the ground/land.

Carnivores, eat the herbivore.

If carnivores are not controlled, or if they are eliminated, it upsets the whole ecological balance.

Hen's clean up parasite form pastures, rotation of crops, planting and growing certain crops / plants, sheep clean up worms from cows/horses and vice-versa.

If you graze only horses on the land, it become's 'sour' full of 'roughs and pastures', the horses won't eat the 'roughs' as they are loaded with parasites from their poop.

hence the need for mixed/rotational grazing and good land management/husbandry.

Even hedgerow plants serve a purpose.

Vegetables, companion planting to control pests, improve soil.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I agree with that *lost*

Organic farming helps to provide all the nutrients we need and is natures wonder. I was refering to the bigger picture.

And speaking of farming methods. Have you seen this? (not trying to derail your thread but this is absolutely about science working WITH nature and a possible way to stop, maybe even reverse global warming). I might start a new thread with this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

In North Korea human poo is used as fertiliser. Dog poo would have been too, but there are no dogs left in NK.

• *lost*
    *lost*

lol

There is some concerning with using human waste as land fertiliser, i know of a case where residents were up in arms over it. Just being sprayed on the land like slurry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit