The Bad Science Scandal - Research Fact Fabrication - UK News article.

by *lost* 73 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Scientists investigating scientists.

The weather is getting colder in the UK.

What a farce.

• besty
    besty
    Scientists investigating scientists.

Not true, and what is your point?

The weather is getting colder in the UK.

No it isn't, and even it was we are talking about global climate change, not local weather variability.

Here's some helpful information aimed at 11 year olds that might help you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/geography/physical_processes/weather_climate/revision/2/

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah I forgot the new light, it's climate change not global warming any more.

• cofty
    cofty
    Scientism is a pernicious little philosophy whose time is moving to a close. - SBF

Here we go again.

"There are certain things we know that will never change. For example the earth is not flat" - Cofty

"It depends on what you mean by "earth". It depends on what you mean by "is". It depends on what you mean by "flat". - SBF

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

So SBF how's your lifestyle since you turned your back on science and it's fruits? A good faithist like you will undoubtably enjoy praying away the worlds pain and ills , your food will be grown from good old heirloom low yield seed stock from the 18th century and will be fertilised in the three crop rotation system ( unless it's discovery by trial and error is too scientific for you in which case I'm sure you also will just pray over your hand sown wheat and tares .) I hope you don't sell your soul to the fraudulent scientific world by having cars , radios or computers. Your posts here are simply miracles woven into the fabric of this magic world caused by your incredible mustard seed faith.

Science is a method of approaching truth that is unsurpassed by any other process devised by the imagination of man. It is not a church, faith or composite whole claiming divine perfection or the right to dictate how the gullible live their lives. There will always be fraudsters who pretend, for fame and profit, to have knowledge. Thank goodness the scientific process has an inbuilt fraud detection process allowing incorrect and fraudulent claims to rapidly be exposed in a matter of years unlike bloody faith based religions who have to carve their way across millions of dead and dying and over thousands of years to realise their holy wars are just barbarism and that they've all been fooled by the priests and the pious idiots who see magic in the shadows and are so arrogant as to think divinity speaks through them.

I trust the scientific method over the opinions on reality of a supernaturalist - every time.

• metatron
    metatron

That exposure "in a matter of years" can be frighteningly long. All the more so when science is dominated by large corporations.

If Allan Savory is right, CO2 levels can be knocked back to pre-industrial levels by correctly treating desertification in half the world.

metatron

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The earth is flattened at the edges. I am sure I heard that on a scientismist programme.

This conversation is flat because you misconstrue what I'm saying.

• never a jw
    never a jw

From JW to Pyrrhonism. Quite a jump!

• besty
    besty

@SBF

If you don't agree with the science, you have to explain why adding CO2 to the atmosphere is not causing it to warm - you can get extremely rich/famous by proving your hypothesis.

The alternative is that you believe CO2 is not a greenhouse gas, which has been understood since 1896 - you can get extremely rich/famous by proving otherwise.

Or you can sidestep all of that work and difficult questions and claim conspiracy, its getting colder near my house, its volcanoes, its the sun, its gamma rays from Planet X, its making my head hurt....but I do know that climate science is a conspiracy and they are out to get us to pay tax.

Sidepoint - Scientists have always used climate change and global warming more or less interchangeably. In 2002 it was Republican strategist Frank Luntz who suggested avoiding 'global warming' and using 'climate change' as this was likely to be more acceptable to the Republican audience.

(See page 142 - Redefining Labels)

http://www.politicalstrategy.org/archives/001330.php

I tend to use "climate change" as the term describing the observable results of the physical process known as 'global warming'.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How come historically CO2 levels increased following rather than preceding global temperature increases?

The greatest philosopher of all time, who happened to be Scottish, taught us to be very skeptical about claims of causation. But as a bare minimum you would at least expect the thing caused to come after the cause temporally, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit