The Bad Science Scandal - Research Fact Fabrication - UK News article.

by *lost* 73 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Simon says don't make PM threads. He's probably deleting them .

• bigmac
    bigmac

oh right--i didnt know that---but--how else do we let others know we have replied--?

• besty
    besty

hijack another thread seems like a good start - how about starting a new thread in the forum tech support section?

• besty
    besty

@sbf

I certainly accept them as very useful and productive explanations, just not true in any absolute or final sense

likely to be revealed as useless in your lifetime?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How would that happen?

• besty
    besty

its your idea - so I am asking you - will evolution and gravity likely be revealed as useless explanations for reality in your lifetime?

• *lost*
    *lost*

bigmac got it, was out all day, jsut logged on regards.

Okay, there definitely is something going on in nature, that is fact, there is hard evidence,

it may not be 'scientific, tables and charts etc' that is all over my head, so you guys prob know how to find it at the click of a button, me I'm just starting out.

I prefer to watch documentaries, have done from avery young age.

Attenborough, (used to be) my favourite, the man is brilliant, lately I think he is losing his 'edge', maybe I am wrong and it's just me.

We do know, fraud is everywhere and truth is a rarity. The world is governed by an 'old boys' club, it is a game of many layers, and if your not 'born in'

to the elite ruling families, it takes a very long time to climb the ladder and get to the higher levels of 'elite' before you are deemed worthy, acceptable, useful and are allowed to 'join the club'.

So, the point is not, for me, do I trust Science, Scientists, it is 'do I trust man' the old boys club, who control everything, and can hide things and lie, which so often they do. That is fact, it happens all the time, how many times have we seen them lie through their teeth, and they eventually get caught out when the 'evidence' proves them bare faced liars.

Politicians are just the elite's 'puppets and spin doctors'. Tony Blair, I think he should be tried for treason,

and his wife, and thrown in the tower for what they have done, all for money.

At least with 'visual' evidence, it cannot be disputed.

I did watch a documentary that showed the size of the ice-caps and glaciers, 50 yrs ago ( I think ) when records first began,

compared to what they are now, massive difference. So there is melt, the more melt there is, the greater the surface area of the sea, the more warmth is absorbed by the sea's. then there is more melt, it's a vicious cycle.

there is also evidence that there are also changes in marine life and their habits, because of this warming and melting.

It has even opened up new shipping lanes, never accessed before.

But what do we know based on evidence is the cause of it ?

Isn't it obvious it is global warming ? How can there possibly be a 'cooling effect' when the evidence points to the contrary ?

Once upon a time, the Thames river in London would freeze over and winter fairs were held on the ice.

We don't get proper seasons and snow like we used to, say, 40 yrs ago.

Also scientists have discovered, by drilling down through the ice, evidence of tropical fauna.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

likely to be revealed as useless in your lifetime?

I hardly think so. You seem to forget that myths are useful too. Like how a traditional culture perhaps has sacred reasons for stigmatising incest. They don't know anything about genetics but the effect is the same: to avoid inbreeding and its attendant difficulties. Similarly I gather that Newtonian physics has been shown to be a simplification that obscures aspects of the reality it describes (I mean all theories are of course, but even scientists accept this of Newtonian physics), but it is still incredibly useful. That it happens not to be true does not matter. It works, that's what matters.

• bohm
    bohm

Sbf: ....so we dont know anything at all? Whats your point?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know many things, many of them contradictory. What's your point?

Like Walt Whitman: I am large, I contain multitudes.

Like Walter White: Corner the market, then raise the price. Simple economics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit