The Bad Science Scandal - Research Fact Fabrication - UK News article.

by *lost* 73 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can of course change my mind. That's the advantage of taking a pragmatic approach instead of a so-called realist position.

Here's Wikipedia reading for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_realism

You believe the current myths are the final ones? What gives you such confidence they are different from all the others that preceded them?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This page is better than the Wikipedia entry.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/scientific-realism/

• metatron
    metatron

I subscribe to a military tech magazine. I am not aware of any specific building project relative to climate change. There are some pyrolytic synthetic fuel ideas but they are related to protecting supply lines.

Science and the military are heavily politicized. How else to explain : two wars that the US is losing to insurgents and a war that cost tens of thousands of lives and possible trillions of dollars -based on a fraud. Gays and women were allowed into the military based on the force of politics, regardless of whether they are equally effective.

You can label the 17 year pause any way you wish. We do not live under water so paused surface temperatures are relevant. They are also relevant to the British pensioners who burned books to stay warm while gas supplies fell to dangerously low levels. This is the problem of immediate public need over long term speculation about climate.

If you view specific predictions as a "trap", you neatly capture the problem: Negative long term speculation that offers nothing specific.

If action is really desired, then Allan Savory offers something really wonderful. The other "answers" to climate concerns are quietly driven by political agendas.

metatron

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You believe the current myths are the final ones?

They aren't myths and of course they aren't final. They are simply that highest knows state of quality we have, and that we hope to change to a higher state. Basic tenent of science. You should try to understand what you criticize.

This, OTOH, is a basic Tennant of science....:

• metatron
    metatron

There is a real, unacknowledged problem with reductionism in science but that's a long discussion.

Here's what I see as The Big Picture in Climate Change.

The political movement about climate change could be something wonderful for the human race. Maybe we get free from fossil fuels and Petro-Fascism. Maybe we get free from pollution.

So, even if climate change is an utter lie ( it's not), it could be very good for the human race. Some lies can can do very positive things.

But that's not the way things are going!

Instead, it's being twisted into plans for more centralized power for the elite. For example, the TBTJ Banks want Carbon Markets as yet another means for them to feed off the public and governments (such as Goldman Sachs). They want centralized nuclear power. They want fuel cell cars ( H2 not electric).

So, I see the debate as politicized and based on sketchy predictions. Maybe that will change- and I hope for the betterment of people everywhere.

metatron

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They aren't myths and of course they aren't final.

You forgot the third law of slimboyfat:

"Any sufficiently old scientific theory is indistinguishable from myth."

• besty
  • besty
    besty

@sbf

You believe the current myths are the final ones? What gives you such confidence they are different from all the others that preceded them?

given you don't accept gravity and evolution as viable explanations, is there any point?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I certainly accept them as very useful and productive explanations, just not true in any absolute or final sense.

• bigmac
    bigmac

totally off topic---ive written 3 posts as a new topic--telling " lost" ive sent a PM---all 3 posts appear on the list for a minute--then vanish--whats occurring--?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit