Antineoplastons - Gene - targeted Cancer medicines. Dr Burzynski MD PhD

by *lost* 44 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Sigh........

JW's in Australia had a phase of buying some ointment to cure skin cancer. Whilst visiting they asked me to take a look. It was a natural cure that indeed did remove tumours from the skin.

The cure was a black goo, a natural yet expensive ointment that was simply an acid. It burned the tumor and everything else away. By this standard of science a drill can be considered a cure for cancer of the skin, as would be a machete, or a chainsaw. A surgeons knife just happens to be tidier. Add to this that radiation is natural, chemotherapy is natural, EVERYTHING is natural. Don't fall for the pseudo 'natural' nonsense.

Treatments are chosen based on number needed to treat to save one life, I.e. efficacy. Price is also an issue.

There is no conspiracy, there is no cover ups. We don't spend bazillions on smear tests and mammograms for fun, we are looking for cancer and treating it as best we can.

Radiotherapy shrinks cancers. It also slows them down, can halt them.

Tumors are removed either by surgery or killed by chemicals.

This goo indeed removed tissues, because it was an acid, rub it on a tumor or a testical and watch it go! A 'cancer' however is a tumor that has spread, I.e. not benign. No acid or chainsaw can chase tumours around the body. That's where modern medicine is working wonders. Testicular cancer can spread to every region of the body, yet we have amazing cure rates.

Any doctor can publish their findings and become a leading, world changing expert. It happened just a few months ago when a doctor dared to treat a baby with HIV and cured it. Her work was published to be examined, tested and considered.

Sham cures don't publish. They can't publish.

Some people publish in publications THEY have created, you will have never heard of them (unlike Nature, JAMA, BMJ etc) and their IMPACT FACTOR will identify that. This is a number that allows others to appreciate the reliability of the journal being published in. The creation scientists out there have their own papers that they have to publish in their own journal. Scientists tear those papers in half within days of publishing. It is like watching a man walk naked down the street, with nipple clamps on. Its just Embarassing for everyone.

If one does publish, the data has to add up. What are the p values, what are the confidence intervals? Was it a RCT? Was it done well?

The best of current evidence which is used by good doctors is based on a confidence of 95%.

Until someone has a better idea..... This is the best we have. Don't settle for less, there is no need. This doesn't mean there are not undiscovered cures or ideas. But it means there is a proper method of testing them without fear of corruption or fraud or danger to humans.

in the UK a doctor released a paper claiming that the MMR vaccine was connected to autism. He changed his data fraudulently and changed family interviews and dates of disease onset. Autism arrives in the child's behaviour at the same time as certain parts of the brain mature. This is why we give MMR at that time. The timing is a coincidence, but then in reality it is not, its why autism presents at that time and why we vaccinate at that time. There was no connection. The UK government has spent 10 years researching it and found it all to be false. This very year people are still dying due to parents not vaccinating their children for MMR.

The doctor responsible owned a patent........ For a single MMR vaccine and was paid by the company who bought it to do the study.

If you wish to invest in alternative medicines, cool, we are all freee to do so. But I suggest you are at least as vigorous with their data, their motives and their methods as peer review is. There is a reason they are not daring to publish.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Cofty. I recently watched my mother die of cancer. She wasn't a smoker or drinker or a fast food addict. So it wasn't her lifestyle choices.

She had it first bout 32 yrs ago. Second time in 2009, the 'treatment' killed her.

Neither was she an 'old' woman. I don't have statistics, I have life experience of living with people in communities that have people history going back generations of families.

It has nothing to do with living longer.

There are many hardcore drinkers and smokers who live longer and are hardier than most.

But hey your the scientist with all the statistics, so you must be right.

Never mind the 'generations' of people living in communities who see the upsurge in numbers and cases of cancer.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Lost....

It is 2013, you must have a local library, a local university and you certainly have access to knowledge on the Internet. The answers are there if you really want them.

All animals get cancer. Ever since the first cell divided in evolution, cancer became possible. Every cell that divides has a potential to divide too much. That is all cancer is. The genes for regulating cell division are broken. How? The genes that dictate those processes need to be copied and rewritten everytime a new cell is made.

in humans billions of DNA mistakes, or mutations are made every day. If one of those mistakes is already in the DNA from family or happens due to mutation or both..... Cancer.

The longer an organism lives, the more times the cells divide, the higher the probability of cancer.

People used to die of heart disease, now we can keep hearts going, most eventually die of with brain diseases and cancers. The cancer lump grows and crushes a vital organ or blood vessel.

Its quite a 'boring' disease really. Its just a ball of cells that grows and causes problems. More mutations in those cells can cause more problems. If there is another mutation, the cells will instruct the tumor to release chemicals that will tell the body to make new blood vessels in the area of the tumor, now the tumor gets big, being supplied all the nutrients it needs to thrive! If those over growing cells (tumor) now get another mutation, it may release an enzyme, they release it and it eats through nearby tissues as the cancer grows until it reaches a blood vessel and then the cancer is carried around the body.... This is metastasis!

We know the genes involved, we know the mechanisms, we have treatments and ideas for treatments. Conspiracy ideas and bar room talk helps nobody, it doesn't contribute A THING to medicine, society, the human race.

Please Watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFEoCFDi-w

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Lost.... I spoke to a patient the other day who smoked 60 a day for 60 years and was asking why???

1/4 smokers get lung cancer, a cancer that is difficult to treat, presents late and is life threatening due to where it is.

Why do 3/4 not get it? .......... Does that nullify a smoking connection?

The carcinoids in smoking, alcohol, red meats etc are all just adding to the probability of life's roll of the dice. Your genes, your environment, your life style and even your beliefs all contribute to your health.

Genes are a large factor as genes are responsible for everything about us. From our personality and thoughts to our choice in clothing. They are our everything.

Our DNA is understood largely, and sorry to take the mystery away but it has long been understood. Your DNA is dictated by the arrangement of acids, that in a unique way to you, tell cells how to make certain proteins, these proteins are the makeup of all that is us. We are proteins. Proteins joined together form machinery and working parts, that forms a cell that forms a tissue, that forms organs that form us.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Snare - excellent post, and thank you for taking the time to write it.

what annoys me, is the inability of some people to immediatley assume something which is not the case, as in, because we say people are talking about xyz, it is immediatley assumed that we all run off and believe in xyz, which is not the case.

That is the whole point of discussing and exchanging information, thoughts, idea's, hearsay.

I didn't say Burzynski was a miracle man, go give him all your money.

I said I came across it and what it was about. Doesn't mean that

1. I believe everything he says.

2. I understand anything he says.

3. Gonna preach it to the world and give the guy loads of money.

biting ones tongue really hard so not to get offensive and start name calling like someone else has done, cos it really, really gets up my nose.

• cofty
    cofty

Lost - Following your uncritical admiration for poor little Burzynski in your OP I pointed out that he was a fraud and linked some information for you to research.

End of discussion regarding charlatan Burzynski.

Then you post this ridiculous nonsense...

More and more, it is said, they know what causes cancer, and how to cure it, it's all about big pharma, money, and we are just cannon fodder, cattle for slaughter when our use and service is done....
    After all these years, and with all the miracles of 'science' are they reall telling us, 'they have no idea ?' BS I say.

This is what you were criticised for, a risible conspiracy theory, not for asking an innocent question about Burzynski.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Lost, with the greatest of respect, the more people that state things such as you said in coftys post above, the longer it will take us as a society to allow people like your mum to live longer.

Anyone can put their life on hold, go back to school, get the grades, go to university for 5 years, get a research grant and then contribute to the mission of curing cancer. Lost you can do it if you really want to.

...Likewise anyone can sit at their computer desk and claim that all the people that have done the above are involved in the worst of humankinds fraud. To deny cures for cancer.

I am a trainee doctor and I am included in your world conspiracy, i know the causes, i know the biology/anatomy/physiology/pathology involved in cancer and i have access to the knowledge base for all our treatment. i am in that list of yours and I am proud to be there. In my meager 6 years of training so far I have invented a new medical system to reduce infections and written a paper on medical education. I do this whilst living off £3900 a year and working 9-5 on the wards only to revise 6-1/2/3/4 am.

The people you are talking about have done this also. Their motive? To do good. Think you can do it better come join us....... There are plenty of white lab coats to go around.

I once connected two things I had read..... I read how some enzymes from some bacteria can cut up DNA if the acids by chance form a palindrome when read. This is used for genetic testing but I immediatly thought of cancer and pondered..... What if we hunt for palindromes in cancer mutations, we could target the cells specifically! I told my friend. He spoke to one of our tutors and this idea was already being researched.

Last year a Nobel prize winning teacher was telling a small class of ten including me, how MMP's work. This is what cancer secretes to cut through tissues in order to metastasises. I simply asked him.... Why don't we target excessMMP production in the body? He told me that research was indeed taking place right now.

MMP's cut things in two. One doctor has just released a fantastic idea. A fluorescent molecule that is only switched on when the on switch is cut in two. This can be injected, then when it reaches a site of cancer (high mmp) it is cut in two and switched on. The surgeon now turns all lights off in the theatre and turns a black lamp on and the regions of cancer light up, he now knows how far to cut.

THIS IS TODAY's science, this is going on now. If you have an idea we need it. If you don't thats ok..... But don't attack the people trying.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Cofty are you on drugs or something ?

My uncritical admiration of Burzynski ? ffs,

I didn't say to you, no he is not a fraud and a charlatan. did I ?

What I'm not allowed to talk about things what people say ?

because cofty might not like it if anybody in the world says anything that does not fit in with cofty's matra in life.?

conspiracy theories exist cofty, denying them does not make them go away.

how many medicines have been taken off the market cofty, in the last ooh, say 20 yrs, and why ?

because after being pumped into people for years, they turned out to be harmful, and we are not talking side effects.

Oh, here's an example , thalidomide.

the 50's, all the 'happy drugs' they had the housewives on, to keep them from going nuts.

Oh, animals, myxomatosis.

There are loads.

so don't call me stupid and ignorant because I don't have a biology degree, are you forming a master race or something, #

where only those who have university degrees are allowed to exist.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ooh bad example....

Thalidomide has just come back ......... We now have now found uses for it to cure cancers of the muscle.

again, this is not contributing to science.... Its just spouting off. Think thalidomide was a distaster? So does everyone... But they were trying to help. Still are.

oh please put the 'university' card away..... Like I said, its 2013, there are libraries, universities for you to go and ask anyone anything and the Internet.

Its like telling Brian Cox that the universe is just a conspiracy and when he explains your concerns away and encourages you to not perpetuate ideas that will frighten others, you shout "just because you knew things i didn't...." We'll yes, that's kind of the point of learning. THats how and why we are discussing things..... Nobody in nscience says THIS IS THE FACTS...... they say...this is what we know so far....That's how the world works.

I have no place discussing baseball rules because i know nothing about them, or economics, or 'Americas got talent'......

please don't be annoyed, its not our fault we have read some books on a topic you have brought up. If we were mean spirited people we would have left you non the wiser. COFTY is a kind, intelligent man that endured cancer himself. We have the evidence to proove all we have said. There really is no justification in getting aggressive. You were the one to first shout accusations and personal slurs against millions of scientists you have never met and know nothing of. Again, not a slur, I know nothing about being a dolphin trainer.....

PS I am mso sorry about my posts. I am a poor member in that I type fast and edit skim later, but my ipad is so keen to add words, alter words and have a guess at what I am saying. So apologies for the quality of my posts.

• cofty
    cofty

Having a rant is easier than having a discussion is it Lost?

When science-based medicine gets things wrong its because they weren't doing science well enough, not because of some conspiracy to create a generation of deformed babies.

I did not call you stupid, I objected to the monumental stupidity of what you said about there being a conspiracy to avoid finding a cure for cancer.

When you say such things you slander people like snare&racket and thousands more like him who have committed their lives to helping the sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit