My Mom has decided to turn me in... I am not afraid (Letter Inside)

by sosoconfused 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Yep, lovely woman your mom. Too bad about the mind control. May I suggest what worked well for me as I was leaving the Org?

I was very nice and polite to everyone. I wanted to yell "Don't be freakin moron parroting this nonsense!!" But I didn't say it. Please be as nice as you can muster so as to heap the fiery coals on their heads. They expect us to be vennom spitting vipers. We're not.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

They expect us to be vennom spitting vipers. We're not. Double post, sorry.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Soso - not harsh, your stating the facts.

Eminem popped into my mind cos you added the ''I'm not afraid'' lol.

Leave her off, if she ''grasses'' you up, she will have to live with that realisation for the rest of her life.

At the end of the day you are her child.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Your mother sounds just like my wife....and all the other loving, well meaning but blinkered women of the WT Society. It pulls on the heart but fails on reason and logic....Stay strong - as Polonius said in Hamlet :

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Farewell, my blessing season this in thee! "

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Your mother sounds just like my wife....and all the other loving, well meaning but blinkered women of the WT Society. It pulls on the heart but fails on reason and logic....Stay strong - as Polonius said in Hamlet :

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Farewell, my blessing season this in thee! "

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Flipper - Thank man... It makes me feel bad to say those things about my mom but makes me feel great that I am not insane for thinking them LOL.

My brother has always been the favorite because he is like her: ex-missionary / bethelite / CODE etc... so the two of them together are just too much to handle. The very idea that she can ask me if I love my children totally sent my wife over the edge and now my wife said she will never speak to her again LOL.

At this point in life I am literally just waiting for her to slip into dementia so then I don't have to keep hearing this stuff. She was baptized when she was 9 and a half years old - so after 55 years of hardcore indoctrination I have to expect she should be insane. The worst part is that all of her quotes that are suppose to be so heart-warming are like copy and paste jobs from the Watchtower LIBRARY ROFL ROFL ROFL

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"As the apostle Peter said to Jesus,... 'Lord, where will we go away to?' This is Jehovah's organization ..."

No. You probably know this, but compare how your mom misquoted this verse to the actual wording from the NWT:

Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? - John 6:68

This is an extremely common misquotation by JWs. The change may be subtle, but the implications are profound.

Notice that Peter actually said "whom" not "where."

This slight change in wording shifts the focus from Jesus--which is where the Bible writer wanted it--to the WTBTs, which is where they want it.

One word change and it's no longer about Jesus but about the organization. The confusion in your mother's mind is obvious as she follows up her WT worded misquote with the WT indoctrinated belief, " This is Jehovah's organization ..."

And thus are the minds of the unsuspecting easily misled and manipulated.

Remember, your mother is in a high-control, manipulative cult. She is no doubt completely unaware of the devices and techniques which have been used on her for 55 years to so completely indoctrinate and control her.

• mind blown
    mind blown

So sorry.... how very frustrating

I hear her "exact" words from my family. The WTS has covered their spin (no matter what Jah is running that org.), which we know is a bunch of crap.

In the begining I would be bring things up and it really didn't matter becasue I'm already Df'd. Now as frustrated as I get (seeing my daughter getting more brain washed/I'm sure getting ready 4 baptisim and not knowing the WTS real dogma, Jesus not her mediator, etc.) I don't say anything anymore. It just causes a lot of hard feelings and I'm the one who looks like an ass in the end. I now figure she needs to believe this crap for her own loses in life, and the rest as your mom have been in for so long they don't know anything else....

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@ Oubliette - I mentioned this to here a million times and she says, "You are just trying to have a debate over words". So she twists a scripture and then twists another to prove her point ROFL. It hurts my face thinking about this. However, after 55 years how much can actually change. She has run herself in to the ground. She is deathly sick all the time and barely hanging on to life... Yet she goes out in service as a pioneer every single day. She is retired and gets like 110 hours a month. I think as mind blown said," I now figure they need to believe this crap for thier own loses in life."

When you have devoted 55 years of your life with 32 of them as a full-time pioner to something there is no reason to let it go

• *lost*
    *lost*

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit