Howdy From Texas

by TexasEX 54 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

HI Howdy From Texas !!

Welcome to the forum, we are happy to have you among us:) i have also faded almost one year ago, so i know what you are going through . the best thing for you to do its to inform yourself as much as possible JWFACTS.COM is golden! it helped me so much to find TTATT . Its not easy i have lost all my family even though we are not DF'D but as i told my daughter yesterday we have to be true to ourselves , we cannot live life to please our families and put our desires on hold, if not you'll grow up feeling anger , resentment of a life that could have been. we all deserve to live the best life for ourselves!!

we live very close by so PM me if you like:)

• baltar447
    baltar447

outofthelionsden You've got a PM

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Welcome,

It sounds like the best thing you can do is take it slow and start a gradual fade. Depending on your circumstance, you could fiegn some sort of malady like depression or anxiety. These work well because so many of the rank and file witnesses have either or both of these.

My fade was based on my high blood pressure which I did have while on the watchtower wheel (two BP medications per day) down to one small med now and now BP problems.

Depending on how close you are to your family this tactic may very. Use your imagination on what excuses you start to use for missing meetings.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN,TexasEx.

Bangalore

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Welcome to the forum TexasEx. Take things slowly - perhaps a slow fade is the correct direction for you.

I live in San Antonio, TX. Not too far from you.

Oh - and be careful revealing too much info on this forum - or any internet forum. Some folks are good guessers, and may be able to figure out who you are.

Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome TexasEX!

Feigning depression works pretty well when you feel you can't make it to a meeting.

JW's don't know how to cope with a JW who admits to being depressed.

My fade was based on depression, which I was every time I thought about going to the hall

and hearing crap about the faithful slave.

The UN thing was the last straw for me.

When I found out about that, I never attended another meeting.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Hey JimTX, I live in San Antonio too, we are looking to do a meetup soon, PM me and let's make it happen.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Hi TexzsEx:

I'm kind of new too, I just left in November 2012, so it's not to long that I've been out. What made it easy was there's the truth and there's the lie, and I could no longer live the lie, even if it meant losing my daughter and all the friends I had. I couldn't live with it anymore and neither can GOD. So it's nice to hear that your thinking of leaving the organization. If you leave just remember you have all of us to help you get through this. Your loved here no matter what.

Take Care of Yourself

Adventurousone

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome TexasEx! My hubby was born and raised in San Antonio and that is were I was baptized. We live in the NE now. Do your research and keep reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit